Esports Boxing - Because we all know Fight Night ain’t coming back

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure this will be available Early Access on Steam during the Summer so as soon as it is able to get bought I'm getting it. I wonder who else they adding it looks like they are going to have an expansive roster by the time it releases.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Confirmed today:
Roy Jones Jr.
Diego Corrales :wow:
Lomachenko
Claressa Shields (and a bunch of other women fighters including Cyborg)
Maidana
Lemieux
Nonito Donaire
And more
Deepest roster ever for a boxing game...:wow:

Casual dumbass who don't know shyt about boxing said:
bu bu bu bu but where Mayweather and Wilder at

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Good insight from one of the creators; they talked about the game on a Sports Illustrated boxing podcast

They’re expecting to have 95 percent of the big names in boxing by launch

Career mode features signing with real trainers (mentioned Bo Mac by name) and real managers

Some boxers will be paid DLC (depending on the deal they signed, they get royalties off each time their fighter/package is downloaded). I’ll be buying :ehh:

Boxers are signed for multiple years so they’ll be locked in for multiple games. They’re planning on making another one in 4 years

Confirmed EA got out of the boxing game due to licensing costs (examples used: Canelo asking for $5 a unit, Floyd asking for $10 a unit)

A lot of legends and fighters who signed on are very thankful for the opportunity; either the fighter or their families will be making tens of thousands off royalties

Fight Night Champion did 2.5 million in sales; there are way more gamers now so it’s worth signing a royalty deal (i.e. 5 cents per unit) since it’s expected to be a big seller due to there not having been a boxing game for 10 years.

They’re getting 300 emails a day from fighters who want to be in the game but it’s every expensive to scan them all in so they’re being selective

This is gonna be good :wow:

That's the thing I always wondered with Fight Night. For some of the more expensive fighters why not just put them in as DLC and let them take a percentage of the cut of each time someone purchases that fighter. They could also use it as a test case for how important having the current big names in the game are. Release the game without the Canelo's and the Floyd's to see how much the game sells. Then you could always release them a few months or a year down the line as DLC to try and reinvigorate interest in the game and it would give them a chance to see if there were a bunch of new purchases that came along with the bigger fighters so for the next game they'd know how hard they need to try and get those big name fighters.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They better not play with my emotions like that. I will I believe when I see the release day

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good insight from one of the creators; they talked about the game on a Sports Illustrated boxing podcast

They’re expecting to have 95 percent of the big names in boxing by launch

Career mode features signing with real trainers (mentioned Bo Mac by name) and real managers

Some boxers will be paid DLC (depending on the deal they signed, they get royalties off each time their fighter/package is downloaded). I’ll be buying :ehh:

Boxers are signed for multiple years so they’ll be locked in for multiple games. They’re planning on making another one in 4 years

Confirmed EA got out of the boxing game due to licensing costs (examples used: Canelo asking for $5 a unit, Floyd asking for $10 a unit)

A lot of legends and fighters who signed on are very thankful for the opportunity; either the fighter or their families will be making tens of thousands off royalties

Fight Night Champion did 2.5 million in sales; there are way more gamers now so it’s worth signing a royalty deal (i.e. 5 cents per unit) since it’s expected to be a big seller due to there not having been a boxing game for 10 years.

They’re getting 300 emails a day from fighters who want to be in the game but it’s every expensive to scan them all in so they’re being selective

This is gonna be good :wow:

man i hope this game is fire jsut to shyt on EA. but im excited that they are being transparent about some of this. lmao 10 bucks a unite 5 bucks a unit :leostare:. as someone else says maybe they can pay them to be in a DLC pack that costs say 15 -20 bucks with 5 added boxers etc and pay them that way. i hate DLC and loot boxes but in this sense it MIGHT make a little sense for it on this release and see what profits are from it for the next game. or even fund the license for next launch game