ESPN unveils new NBA theme song (2022-present)

Is it better than the old theme?

• Total voters
Daps
Never mind I stand corrected

This shyt sounds funny during the broadcast. They fukked up. I guarantee it gets replaced before the season ends

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I like the score box.

They need to go with classical instruments or try doing that same song with an orchestra.

There's a reason you never heard a sports theme in disco, or 80s synthwave

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
For starters, there are basically 3 "songs" here, each 30 seconds long.
Presumably, the only time you'll hear them strung back-to-back-to-back like this is in this thread.
At most you'll hear 30 seconds of it as a lead in to programing, but usually it will be 15 seconds as they transition to commercials.

This isn't meant to be a "song" that you listen to and vibe with, it's a highlight of the melody to demonstrate how the different parts fit together.
With music like this, the goal isn't purchase, it's association. They're not trying to get you to buy the song, they're trying to get you to sit through the commercials. To sit through the commercials, you need to be sufficiently assured that the presentation you're consuming is going to culminate in resolution of dramatic tension. From :33-1:06 is likely going to be the in-game music, and if you picture that in the background of some highlights of a 96-98 game heading into the fourth quarter, it sounds great. You don't need a "beat drop" after the bass, because the goal isn't to resolve the melody of the song, the goal is to keep you on the edge of your seat. It should feel unresolved--that's the point.
If the song got you off with a beat drop, there's a very good chance you'd go do something else when it was over.
It's sonically whetting your appetite.

First time they cut away with just the piano melody you'll see how it hits.
So how are they gonna end games with it like this

Or this