ESPN is paying Katie Nolan seven figures

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
She's one of those that was looked at as having potential and being the next big thing as the next wave of sports personalities, but she just hasn't translated to TV. I'm actually a fan of hers but the problem is she has one of those personalities that doesn't work as well with others but all their TV shows have multiple people. She's kind of in the same lane as Bomani in regards to that.

I agree with you that Katie don't work as well with other but I think Bomani do. He was great with Papa and Lebtard on HQ and he is good on Around the Horn. In comparison, Nolan wasn't good on HQ (kind of boring) and she was bad on SportsNation. She is the reason Miz is no longer on SportsNation anymore. Her jokes just fell flat when she was on HQ and Sportsnation. When she is on the show with other it expose her weakness.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I agree with you that Katie don't work as well with other but I think Bomani do. He was great with Papa and Lebtard on HQ and he is good on Around the Horn. In comparison, Nolan wasn't good on HQ (kind of boring) and she was bad on SportsNation. She is the reason Miz is no longer on SportsNation anymore. Her jokes just fell flat when she was on HQ and Sportsnation. When she is on the show with other it expose her weakness.
I meant in regards to actual debate shows. On Around the Horn and and Highly Questionable they give a quick take and move on so Bomani is cool on those IMO. I meant they wouldn't work in a format similar to First Take where Bomani is the type to try and dominate a convo. It'll be interesting to see if he just runs over Pablo in that regards. I actually like Katie on HQ and she'd probably be the second host I'd want as permanent behind Mina Kimes.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
White dudes love them a cute chick “that can hang”. I never really understood it. I never got her appeal at all. And she comes off arrogant which is something i hate when it comes to women in sports. They come off like they’re trying to prove something, unlike Cari, Jemelle, Beadle and Rachel (to name a few) who come off naturally confident.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I meant in regards to actual debate shows. On Around the Horn and and Highly Questionable they give a quick take and move on so Bomani is cool on those IMO. I meant they wouldn't work in a format similar to First Take where Bomani is the type to try and dominate a convo. It'll be interesting to see if he just runs over Pablo in that regards. I actually like Katie on HQ and she'd probably be the second host I'd want as permanent behind Mina Kimes.

Yeah, I don't think neither would work on a debate show like First Take. In regards to HQ, like you I'll take Mina as the 2nd host but I will take Domionique and Stugotz before I take Nolan. I might even pick Sarah Spain (who i don't care for) before I choose her.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
ESPN is also paying a crazy amount for that morning show with Greenberg, Jalen & Beadle ... and its almost certainly going to fail

they are clueless. time has passed them by. they feel like Blockbuster to me now

i saw a tweet that said Katie Nolan is basically Bighead from Silicon Valley :skip:
Man they need to hurry up sign Jet @LurkMoar