ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
TD didn’t have the luxury of having someone like Kobe to perform at the most vulnerable moments. Y’all get so stuck on giving Shaq all the credit y’all ignore the two most vulnerable moments in the 2000 title run: Portland Game 7 kobe had the better game and Game 4 Finals Kobe prevented the series from being tied up. 2001 west playoff run Kobe did a lot of heavy lifting.

Look at the early 00s Spurs, 2nd highest scorer dropping 12-15ppg and shyt. TD himself was only a low to mid 20s type scorer, imagine if he had someone like Kobe spazzing out. Tim would have won 6+ titles if he had Kob.

Church. Never had a problem with Timmy personally because he never ran his mouth and was delusional. We know Bean was the Spurs killer.

Timmy and Bean Coulda pulled off some 60s Celtics run if they played together :damn:

And that ole Ralph Tresvant nikka Snaq had the nerve to wear Celtics green.... fukk all that. He should have more than 4 period. He mad Timmy and Bean got more.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
evwrything shaq sais post ball is because he knows he underachieved... him and his fans know had he focused 100% on ball heed be the unanomous goat.
It’s wild that nearly everything critique he has basketball wise comes from a place of insecurity , despite 4 rings and his unprecedented dominance .

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
This. Fukk the rings, awards, and stats. I was alive to watch these guys play big time series against one another. There was never a moment (even in 2003 when Duncan won) where I thought he was better than Shaq. Never once.

Also there was never a moment I thought Duncan was the best player in the league. The only guys I have watched and felt were the best in the NBA was Jordan in the 90s, Shaq and Kobe in the 2000s, LeBron and Durant in the 2010s. That's it. Nobody else has ever elevated to a level where I thought this was the best dude in the game.
Im going to keep it all the way 1hun, Im not sure Duncan was the best player on those Spurs teams. Parker and Manu was giving dudes fits. Prime Parker was more dominant at his position than Duncan was at his. Couldn't stop him from getting into the lane. And Ginobli shoulda won finals mvp at least once.

Last edited:

boyboy

Pro
Daps
Shaq is silly. Dude is always trying put down other people achievements. The problem with Shaq is he think everything is about size and strength. Deep down he probably think he was way better than Duncan simply because he was bigger and stronger than Duncan.

Shaq should ask himself why a man of his size only won one MVP and scoring title? How many more rings, MVPs, and scoring titles would Shaq have won if he could do something as basic as hitting F-R-E-E throws? They are called free for a reason, lol.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
fukk what y’all taking about. I been saying the same shyt since 99. If they were so legit why the let the lakers run 3 straight the following years? Why they never go back to back? shyt they tanked the previous year to get Duncan in the first place.

Shaq ain’t told no lies

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
In Duncan's second year he eliminated Shaq H2H, that's already been mentioned here. During the rest of the Kobe/Shaq run, there are two other occasions Duncan gave it to the Lakers and Kobe was the x-factor that won those series for LA. Shaq gave it to him too, and won 3-2 in the playoff series they faced, but the H2H Shaq/Duncan matchup didn't reveal there to be this seismic gap between the two...

3-3. Suns signed Shaq to deal with the Spurs in 2008, then this happened.

Edit: I was at this game (where I won Free Whataburger for a Year...link in sig :win: ). Can't believe Pop had Horry and Barry on the bench down 3 :ohhh:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No im saying if he won in 2004-05-06 he would be in the top 5 and not 9 or 10.I never said he wasnt a top 10 player but not having ever def3ended once puts in exclusive company on that list...

41/15 is great but they lost the game and series.

ONE reason MJ,Magic,Kareem etc get thrown into these goat convos is because they have several championships and FMVPs and have done it in consecutive years which is hard to do and what separates the best from the everyone else...TD still got 5 and that puts him in elite company he is left out of the top 5 because he didnt reel off a string of titles together...
Literally NO ONE said that until dumb people started commenting from home in the internet era.

How was Duncan's 2014 title easier just because Kawhi didn't hit a free throw in 2013? Kawhi hits that free throw, then Duncan has back-to-back titles and he's a top-5 now? That doesn't make any sense.

Duncan DID the hard part, over and over again. He played his ass off in the critical games in 2004 and 2006 and 2008 and 2013. He did enough to win. The fact that he "only" won 3 titles in 5 years instead of 3 titles in 4 years is completely meaningless to everyone except people trying too hard on the internet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
fukk what y’all taking about. I been saying the same shyt since 99. If they were so legit why the let the lakers run 3 straight the following years? Why they never go back to back? shyt they tanked the previous year to get Duncan in the first place.

Shaq ain’t told no lies
You do know that Duncan got hurt and knocked out for the season in 2000, right? :mjlol:

2001/2002 their rosters sucked cause everyone aged out (Admiral, Elie, Avery all went straight :flabbynsick:) and then the one guy they signed to improve, Derek Anderson, got hurt. Pretend like Duncan was supposed to beat the prime Shaq-Kobe Lakers with fukking Antonio Daniels as his #2 option, 38yo Terry Porter running the point, and 70 combined years of Danny Ferry and David Robinson filling out the starting frontcourt. :deadmanny: