ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that I do think black people wouldn't have rode as hard had there been this narrative/perception out there as OJ not identifying as black.
I'll respectfully disagree. Had to pick and white people picked theirs so we had to do the same regardless

I think we'd let stacy dash or don lemon get that work tho :patrice:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll respectfully disagree. Had to pick and white people picked theirs so we had to do the same regardless

I think we'd let stacy dash or don lemon get that work tho :patrice:
Breh if the regular person back in 1995 knew all of this back story about OJ thumbing his nose to the cause and then not even wanting to be identified as Black, we would have tossed him to the wolves just like we would Dash or Lemon if they got hemmed up. Everybody knew white wife and all that, but the common Black person didn't know OJ had sold out to this extreme. I certainly didn't and I remember the case vividly when it happened.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that I do think black people wouldn't have rode as hard had there been this narrative/perception out there as OJ not identifying as black.

Nah, you're out of your mind. We back our own regardless...especially against the police.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Breh if the regular person back in 1995 knew all of this back story about OJ thumbing his nose to the cause and then not even wanting to be identified as Black, we would have tossed him to the wolves just like we would Dash or Lemon if they got hemmed up. Everybody knew white wife and all that, but the common Black person didn't know OJ had sold out to this extreme. I certainly didn't and I remember the case vividly when it happened.
You're forgetting how beneficial Johnny was to integrating him with the black community tho and also the spotlight that was put on corrupt police/brutality. OJ was just the face on it but any c00n in that scenario would likely have been accepted back in, at least for the moment.

Getting a "victory" over them on their own homecourt is what mattered most.

Lot of black people think/thought he did it and still rode with them.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
White people's fascination with OJ is as funny as it is disturbing :russ::stopitslime:

Like seriously... who gives a full about this guy except them? I mean, they are OBSESSED with this guy lol. Mad as FUKK 20 years later and shyt cause they think he got off for killing a drug addicted skank SMFH
Damn I thought the director was black, and you're posting this on a majority black msg board in a 500 reply thread.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're forgetting how beneficial Johnny was to integrating him with the black community tho and also the spotlight that was put on corrupt police/brutality. OJ was just the face on it but any c00n in that scenario would likely have been accepted back in, at least for the moment.

Getting a "victory" over them on their own homecourt is what mattered most.

Lot of black people think/thought he did it and still rode with them.
Can't disagree with you there, I think by the end a lot of folks wanted to see Johnnie get the dub more than anything