ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tremendous documentary.
Ultimately a tragic story for everyone, not just OJ.

In my heart of hearts I believe OJ did it. The evidence was too strong. His domestic violence history too relevant.

But that case was about more than OJ. Probably about more than just the LAPD.

It's very convenient for people (white people, especially) to want to disregard the racial dynamic and history that surrounded this case. It's easy to say this particular crime should have been about the facts only. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for people of color in this country. You can't look at Rodney King, Latasha Harlins, Philando Castile, Eric Garner and others and talk about fairness and facts when it comes to Nicole Brown & Ronald Goldman.

That's not to say that what happened to Ron and Nicole wasn't horrible. You definitely feel for what they went through.

It just pales in comparison to what others went through and still go through.

Made in America, indeed.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tremendous documentary.
Ultimately a tragic story for everyone, not just OJ.

In my heart of hearts I believe OJ did it. The evidence was too strong. His domestic violence history too relevant.

But that case was about more than OJ. Probably about more than just the LAPD.

It's very convenient for people (white people, especially) to want to disregard the racial dynamic and history that surrounded this case. It's easy to say this particular crime should have been about the facts only. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for people of color in this country. You can't look at Rodney King, Latasha Harlins, Philando Castile, Eric Garner and others and talk about fairness and facts when it comes to Nicole Brown & Ronald Goldman.

That's not to say that what happened to Ron and Nicole wasn't horrible. You definitely feel for what they went through.

It just pales in comparison to what others went through and still go through.

Made in America, indeed.
That's definitely what made this documentary great. I was really young during this period of time so having the cultural circumstances surrounding this case is really important in terms of understanding how a not guilty verdict came about. and from what I understand the prosecutors could've done a better job.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The smear part could be right,you had his childhood friend I forgot dude name but his voice was raspy. He was talking about OJ dad being gay,OJ taking Marguerite from AC etc gossipy shyt. They were kinda in his personal life a little too much imo.Outside of that great documentary

EXACTLY!!

barely said anything positive about the guy. plus way too much caddy gossip.

worst of all, almost everytime they went to commercial, they either played villain music or they slowly zoomed in on his face.

they were so blatant about it. I cant believe people are in here saying they don't see how its a smear-piece. the producers didn't even try to hide it.

:mindblown:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The smear part could be right,you had his childhood friend I forgot dude name but his voice was raspy. He was talking about OJ dad being gay,OJ taking Marguerite from AC etc gossipy shyt. They were kinda in his personal life a little too much imo.Outside of that great documentary
The documentary was about his life.
:what:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
EXACTLY!!

barely said anything positive about the guy. plus way too much caddy gossip.

worst of all, almost everytime they went to commercial, they either played villain music or they slowly zoomed in on his face.

they were so blatant about it. I cant believe people are in here saying they don't see how its a smear-piece. the producers didn't even try to hide it.

:mindblown:
OJ could be a murderer but he wasn't Hitler if that made sense. If Nicole and Ron were black America wouldn't cared as much OJ would be like Ray Lewis terrority . I think OJ is a coom but I'm so happy he was acquitted it's been 25 years but what a time that was. Yes OJ family life should be private.OJ probably greatest RB ever but day he dies the media will be unbearable

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No shyt but what does his dad being gay have anything to do with murders,career etc....
It was brought up as a theory to why he flipped out on his wife for sitting their child a few feet away from a gay man.

And this whole story lasted what? Maybe 1 minute out of the entire documentary?

This is somehow "a smear job"? I don't understand how that minor detail could possibly stand out in any way. Out of all the things OJ did...that one bit was a bridge too far for you guys. Very strange.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It was brought up as a theory to why he flipped out on his wife for sitting their child a few feet away from a gay man.

And this whole story lasted what? Maybe 1 minute out of the entire documentary?

This is somehow "a smear job"? I don't understand how that minor detail could possibly stand out in any way. Out of all the things OJ did...that one bit was a bridge too far for you guys. Very strange.
Exactly. You can’t know what drives him without knowing the minutiae of his life.