ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I hope you LA nikkas are watching this shyt. This is why i laugh when dumb nikkas say stupid shyt like "aint no racism out in LA!" It seems like the police killed and jailed as many black folk as possible, then mexican came across the border and overwhelmed the community. So sad what has happened to the black community in LA. And to think many blacks left the south to go and find a "better life" over there. Sad.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Why are white people so comfortable saying hard R in this documentary: :dahell:

And then you see the turn by all of OJ's friends after the trial. OJ acting 'black' after the trial :heh:
White people created and perpetuated the word ****** long before blacks ever did. Stop acting naive.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I hope you LA nikkas are watching this shyt. This is why i laugh when dumb nikkas say stupid shyt like "aint no racism out in LA!" It seems like the police killed and jailed as many black folk as possible, then mexican came across the border and overwhelmed the community. So sad what has happened to the black community in LA. And to think many blacks left the south to go and find a "better life" over there. Sad.

Being a L.A. native, it's not about us, it's more about the transplants like O.J. or blacks from different regions, because they come here getting caught up in that lifestyle not knowing what L.A. life for blacks is really about especially in our neighborhoods in south L.A.

The blacks who probably tell u that it isn't any racial problems out here live in parts where they blind to it or simply try to escape it

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Ever since I read Huckleberry Finn in like fifth grade, I'm of the belief that if you're going to talk about any slur you shouldn't p*ssyfoot around and just say it :manny:
Nothing to p*ssyfoot around breh, I don't use that language.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Nothing to p*ssyfoot around breh, I don't use that language.
Saying n-word or f-word rather than ****** or fakkit doesn't erase them or give them less power, it's needless self censorship in my mind :yeshrug:
It's so irritating seeing people do it with historical documents and literature :francis:
I shouldn't have used p*ssyfooting though you're right :manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Saying n-word or f-word rather than ****** or fakkit doesn't erase them or give them less power, it's needless self censorship in my mind :yeshrug:
It's so irritating seeing people do it with historical documents and literature :francis:
I shouldn't have used p*ssyfooting though you're right :manny:
Breh, I'm a young (white) professional who was raised to know racism is terrible. If someone is acting ignorant dropping hard r's, I'm not going to repeat that word out of pure respect

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Breh, I'm a young (white) professional who was raised to know racism is terrible. If someone is acting ignorant dropping hard r's, I'm not going to repeat that word out of pure respect
Racism is terrible, but I don't know what that has to do with self censoring when addressing a serious topic, and I'm not sure what's ignorant about using hard r's.
I'd prefer not to be called ****** while walking down the street or in discussions, but if I'm talking with a white person and the discussion involves the word ******, I'm not holding it if they won't say it which I've told people before, it's a totally different context and it's not like it's Voldemort's name, it still exists.