ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I don't take people who call people crackers seriously, it's like listening to someone who uses spic or ******, and if goalposts were moved it would be them being moved like people in general.

Cochran was the lead attorney, by virtue of that he's associated with each thing going on, and his input was mentioned at numerous points, just because he wasn't the one putting on the show with the blood and general police fukkery like Baiely and Sheck doesn't mean it wasn't shown in the doc.

Though yes, this was clearly biased towards the OJ did it and the lawyers were smart enough to get him off crowd.
I don't take those who try and equate cracker with ****** seriously.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I don't take those who try and equate cracker with ****** seriously.
Why? They're both slurs, period.
Unless of course you're trying to play thecoli only capable of thinking in extremes when it comes to comparisons thing.
Because clearly saying that you're blatantly using a slur which damages credibility means that it's being put on equal standing with ******.
That's like saying you can't mention limes next to lemons because of a difference in citrus levels or something.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
It got a little annoying with him trying to play the victim role in all of this.
They probably have a hour or 2 from.his interview and they used what 5 minutes worth of footage so the people who made it put his shyt together like that.

His big story he told wasn't even a story, he said he had friends then lost them :mjlol:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug: She's a Black-Latina/Afro-Cuban. So techinally she is a black woman. She's just not African-American.

yeah "black" latina/afro cuban. so yes, "black" in terms of the adjective used to describe her "shade" of color but she ain't black like me. she's cuban, so she ain't a "black" or an african american woman. but in terms of her identify, she is latina. i mean when you gettin' all technical with it, most will say "black-latina/afro cuban" because of her complexion but at the end of the day, she's cuban

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So the more I dive into this thing, I am starting to think that Shapiro and Kardashian were just as big as Cochran in getting this decision. Shapiro obviously with the formation of the team and Kardashian able to keep away most of the evidence away from the prosecution. The silent ones are the ones you have to pay attention to in these things as to what they were doing in the background.

Cochran was the only one on that team who could take the lead publicly however, he was just better at talking with people than those other 2. Once he saw that opportunity to jump all over Furhman they were all over it. The "race card" might have been played, but it was not like there wasn't a reason for it not to be brought up.

That defense team :wow:

No wonder Marcia Clark is still mad :wow:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Why? They're both slurs, period.
Unless of course you're trying to play thecoli only capable of thinking in extremes when it comes to comparisons thing.
Because clearly saying that you're blatantly using a slur which damages credibility means that it's being put on equal standing with ******.
That's like saying you can't mention limes next to lemons because of a difference in citrus levels or something.
Cracker ain't no damn slur:mjlol: