ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Look at this brehs

A person cannot be convicted of both the Nevada crime of robbery as well as first-degree kidnapping in a case if the movement of the victim was:

1. incidental to the robbery, and
  2. did not increase the risk of harm to the victim.
For example, temporarily bringing a store clerk from the cash register to the backroom so you can rob the store probably would not qualify as kidnapping.
Kidnapping is so loose, it's holding someone from leaving. You get mad at a girl and slam the door that's kidnapping. You take your kid without telling an ex spouse that's kidnapping. Someone owes you money and you say they aren't leaving until you pay that's kidnapping. If you're a judge and hear kidnapping and can pick a sentence out of a hat. White judge was gonna get that revenge for Nicole. Hope he gets out though, don't stretch the book of law because y'all f'd up in the 90s

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
@mson

Narrative and the theme:

the show create and push a false narrative that the black jurors just weren't smart enough to convict, so the trial was already lost at jury selection with "dumb and biased panel". You can see this by how the doc set the tone from the beginning, giving the viewer a pure wide intense scope of the racial climate in the US and in LA when racial tension was boiling over at the highest. They even had pieces on the migration of southern black americans to cali...that's how the commentators want you to follow throughout the doc scene by scene, very subtly influencing on our perception of The OJ Trial, that's the power of storytelling .

"let him get off" is just seamlessly them trying to put us "on blast" by viewing the working class black people "putting on" for him, like blacks people were the ones "brainwashed" back in the 90's because of all these other unjust cases( Watts riots, the killings of Eula Love and Latasha Harlins, the destruction of the apartments at 39th and Dalton and the beating of Rodney King) and the mistreatment we face by them which they believe build a deep-seated animosity that was so uncontrolled that it wrongfully guild are decision making ability. Now keep follow the theme, we got the commentators shaping audience again later on with the "pound cake/c00ning stuff"(im not black, I'm OG. etc) sending underling message over and over again to us(black people) that he's just like like Bill Cosby so "don't ride for him!!! "HE'S A c00n" but ESPN & Fox got no problem with they pet negro on they shows(making money from both side). Also the ridiculous notion of affluent Black symbol in the 94 (kind of like Cosby), nope he was the hero to cacs and they build him up for his demeanor/greatness "transcend race" feeling , which they try to do Ali but black ppl peak game.

The doc don't work on inform non-cac lover system holders who actually research the case, the "Im white and we said so" so im going to beat you over and over the head with it until it becomes the truth ... doesn't work on me, they slanted the OJ Trial in this doc to seem like oj was clearly guilty, all in all this whole doc was painting the verdict shady, laughable & should not be taken seriously by given the impression that black people on the jury are incompetent and incapable of being fair and balance. The out right disrespect them(black jurors) by giving the impression that they some how wave the evidence and didnt based they decision on the evidence, which they did. Aslo the doc was also was created to play on the term "Race Card", when common sense tell us yes the cops was racist to the point logically the planted evidence, if you took the racial components this case would've been thrown out of court. Cochran expose the cops and left them wide-open but even then people don't want to hear it.

now if look at this case right, you will see common sense:

1. too many holes in the case. got rid of all the evidence (, gloves, clothes, washed up and clean up,) now at the airport at the short amount of time....he's not superman

2. no motive. no murder weapon found. no witness. no bloody clothing. neither of the gloves they "found" (AKA planted evidence) fit him.

3. all the blood at the scene but he only had one drop of blood in the car, with all the dna had EDTA chemicals which prove it was planted. Ol boy detective didn't carry the blood he collected back to the lab, now out nowhere oj blood was missing in the lab...c'mon now

etc

also....

I didn't get that from it at all. They pushed it as the jury letting him go for revenge.thats what I got out of it.

I'm not trying to read too much into it, or any agenda being pushed. To me it was just a dope as documentary :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
from the comments in here the documentary seems to be one sided:patrice:
the cacs they interviewed were :what::scusthov::mjpls:

and marcia clark still refuses to accept responsibility for her fukk ups :snoop:
Breh it's obvious. These white folks want to keep OJ in there, and want to turn black people against him. Haven't heard OJs name in 10 years and now FX is banking their Emmys on him and ESPN doing Jackson 5 miniseries :snoop:

I thought this was brilliant, but half of it is just showing how OJ was c00nish. Like we get it, Juice didn't fukk with nikkas damn we get it

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Nah, he would have been found guilty if the LAPD and the Prosecution handled things much tighter. Everything was right there for the conviction and you and I know that people DO take the past into consideration with these things.

It's how the civil trial ended so quickly and was held responsible for the murders.
no, they wouldn't if they was playing fair and didnt lean to racial components....enlighten me, how would they win this case with no murder weapon, no real hard motive or the planted evidence by the cops. This doc and Fox's show got yall out here looking crazy and mumbling like cacs like Stephen A Smith talking about "no way in hell johnnie cochran would beaten me if i was the prosecutor"

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Great documentary..I actually was okay with the racist cacs in the doc because it just showed how little they know to this day and how out of touch they still are, I think that is why the director kept it in. Everybody watching is clowning their opinions and think they are fools.

That Vegas robbery is the dumbest shyt I have seen, they didn't even rob the right items. He should have just move to a different country. Miami was a city that no one would care about his past but he got addicted to crack, he was already crazy..cocaine made him crazier.

I feel bad for Fred Goldman but after the civil trial he should have left this shyt alone, I can't believe I saw him at that Vegas trial :mindblown:. The original trial did get away from killing of Nicole and his son and was made about Fhurman. But that is all prosecutions fault, they had so much proof to put OJ in and they fukked it up. Marcia Clarke seems so salty throughout the whole doc, blaming everyone except herself..you lost!:camby:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I didn't get that from it at all. They pushed it as the jury letting him go for revenge.thats what I got out of it.

I'm not trying to read too much into it, or any agenda being pushed. To me it was just a dope as documentary :manny:
yeahhhh like i said .... but in real life "The OJ trial" not the bullshyt docs that try to paint racist undertones, the black jurors based they decision on the evidence not "revenge"

Like i said you cant prove OJ did it because it makes no sense like everybody else who claim OJ did it by watching tv remakes, so they just "whatever" :mjlol:

Propaganda 101

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
Great documentary..I actually was okay with the racist cacs in the doc because it just showed how little they know to this day and how out of touch they still are, I think that is why the director kept it in. Everybody watching is clowning their opinions and think they are fools.

That Vegas robbery is the dumbest shyt I have seen, they didn't even rob the right items. He should have just move to a different country. Miami was a city that no one would care about his past but he got addicted to crack, he was already crazy..cocaine made him crazier.

I feel bad for Fred Goldman but after the civil trial he should have left this shyt alone, I can't believe I saw him at that Vegas trial :mindblown:. The original trial did get away from killing of Nicole and his son and was made about Fhurman. But that is all prosecutions fault, they had so much proof to put OJ in and they fukked it up. Marcia Clarke seems so salty throughout the whole doc, blaming everyone except herself..you lost!:camby:

The way the defense ripped the crap out of all the witnesses was crazy. I can see why it was said that witnesses dropped out. Fuhrman messed up the prosecution, Darden messed up for suggesting OJ put on the glove. So many fukk ups. Marcia Clark was just upset more than anything else.