ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OJ definitely sold out, but I don't buy the argument that selling out led to his downfall. He still had the support of the black community during the trial. And you could argue that his status in white America he gained by selling out enabled him to get away with a lot of shyt leading up to Nicole's murder. So selling out helped him in that case because if he didn't suck up to white people and came across as a scary, angry black man no way does he only get community service during the first domestic violence incident.

OJ's downfall came because he just couldn't stay out of the limelight after he got off. That's more about him being a dumbass than anything else

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Episode 5
What was everybody's thoughts on OJ screaming at the TV at his post-release party where he's saying that if they'd spent all that time looking for the real killers instead of trying to pin the murders on him they would've had a chance to find the real killers? Acting or legit anger?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
A stomach line post y'all

I've smashed hotter white women than this

she was fine

nicole-brown-a-435.jpg

nicole-brown-dishnation.jpg

HT_Simpson_Kardashian1_MEM__150922_4x3_992.jpg

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
"You didnt give a shyt about the kids when you were sucking his dikk in the living room" :huhldup:

Lmaoo I was watching that part with my girl and I could hear him in the back..seems like a normal reaction to me...also called her a drug addict.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Doubt Johnnie would have taken part

Dude is one of the few ppl who never said anything slick about oj even after

Even saved dumb ass oj from giving a tv interview a week after he was acquitted

This doc could have even been better if Johnnie and was still around.Would have been quotes for days.RIP Johnnie.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
OJ definitely sold out, but I don't buy the argument that selling out led to his downfall. He still had the support of the black community during the trial. And you could argue that his status in white America he gained by selling out enabled him to get away with a lot of shyt leading up to Nicole's murder. So selling out helped him in that case because if he didn't suck up to white people and came across as a scary, angry black man no way does he only get community service during the first domestic violence incident.

OJ's downfall came because he just couldn't stay out of the limelight after he got off. That's more about him being a dumbass than anything else

You're correct about his downfall, but not about Blacks having his back. Most Blacks thought he did it but they didn't care because it was more about the corrupt LAPD. When you see those people cheering for him etc. they always say "he didn't do it, he was framed by the LAPD", peoples thoughts at the time BEFORE THE TRIAL AND INFORMATION WHERE KNOWN was that the corrupt police force had to have framed him.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This