ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
"I reach over and whisper into Johnny's ear and say,is this nikka serious" :russ:

Darden insulted black people so bad that even OJ had these looks:francis::wow::comeon::martin::what::wtb::why::childplease::dahell::rudy::snoop:
I think it's part 3, but if you look at OJ right after Darden says "you wanna be for the man, or for the brothas???" OJ has the legit :mjpls: face on

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
This shyt is crazy. How the fukk did they get all this footage in part 5? OJ was wilding the fukk out with the women and in Miami. Then the Vegas shyt just sounded like a comedy. You can't ignore that the brotha snitched on him though

Yeah he did lol. I'm like :wtf: like three of the dudes they had been interviewing in earlier parts fukked him over leading to the Las Vegas incident. His manager or whatever just dipping with his heisman trophy. I thought that the robbery was over big shyt like the trophy but it was just pictures and ties :snoop: All of them are stupid as shyt because it sounded like a crime when they were planning it, but OJ is the dumbest of all like the old juror lady said. Did he get oversentenced and fukked over by the judge/people he was with..yeah..but his dumbass shouldn't have been there :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Watching episode 3 right now. I can't BELIEVE how captivated I am by this. Coming from someone who went to an all black charter school when this was taking place, I have vivid memories of our teachers letting us watch the trial as it unfolded and I'll NEVER forget the day he was aquitted and watching it live on tv and seeing all my teachers celebrate. It's like a big portion of my childhood and identifying myself as a black boy during this time period is coming back to me....

I'm going to say it again, this documentary is REALLY trying to tell us as black people, that NOTHING good comes from selling out. This shyt it is poignant and as relevant today as it was in the 90's. This documentary is definitely one of the films I'm going to make damn sure my future children watch along with Sankofa, Sarafina, Chaka Zulu, and Malcolm X

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
she was fine

nicole-brown-a-435.jpg

nicole-brown-dishnation.jpg

HT_Simpson_Kardashian1_MEM__150922_4x3_992.jpg

That bytch look like fukking Skeletor

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
In your guys opinion who do you think white people liked the most between these people:

OJ Simpson

Oprah Winfrey

Michael Jordan

Eddie Murphy (in the 80s)

Bill Cosby (in the 80s)

Magic Johnson

After watching the documentary I might have to put OJ Simpson at the top.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah he did lol. I'm like :wtf: like three of the dudes they had been interviewing in earlier parts fukked him over leading to the Las Vegas incident. His manager or whatever just dipping with his heisman trophy. I thought that the robbery was over big shyt like the trophy but it was just pictures and ties :snoop: All of them are stupid as shyt because it sounded like a crime when they were planning it, but OJ is the dumbest of all like the old juror lady said. Did he get oversentenced and fukked over by the judge/people he was with..yeah..but his dumbass shouldn't have been there :mjlol:
Plus I'm legit wondering now if the dudes would've called the cops if OJ and his people had only stolen back OJ's stuff and left all the other memorabilia alone. From the way they were talking that's why they called the cops cause they was taking everything that was in the room.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
LOL @ OJ's Accomplice straight up saying......

"I was looking at 12, 13 years in prison and I didn't want any parts of that......I wanted ZERO parts of that. I could testify and get myself out of this" :russ:

His emphasis on him not wanting any parts of that time had me cracking the fukk up.

Everyone rolled over on OJ.
White dude clearly set that man up. How you roll with someone to confront someone and record every minute of it. :stopitslime:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Plus I'm legit wondering now if the dudes would've called the cops if OJ and his people had only stolen back OJ's stuff and left all the other memorabilia alone. From the way they were talking that's why they called the cops cause they was taking everything that was in the room.

:mjlol: I didnt know nikka stole cell phones and memorabilia that didnt belong to him. It's funny though out of all of this I do still feel KIND of bad for him.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

"I was looking at 12, 13 years in prison and I didn't want any parts of that......I wanted ZERO parts of that. I could testify and get myself out of this" :russ:

His emphasis on him not wanting any parts of that time had me cracking the fukk up.

White dude clearly set that man up. How you roll with someone to confront someone and record every minute of it. :stopitslime:

THEN he got 100k out of selling the tape :wow: he finessed the shyt out of OJ

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

THEN he got 100k out of selling the tape :wow: he finessed the shyt out of OJ

Seemed to me like he was setting up the blackmail too. Get the money from helping get his shyt back and then threaten to release the tapes to the cop unless OJ paid him. What other purpose would he have to be there. Plus he was the one that gave OJ the false info about this dude having tons of OJ's stuff instead of the miniscule amount he really had. Something was definitely up with dude like he had a side deal worked out with somebody else or something.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In your guys opinion who do you think white people liked the most between these people:

OJ Simpson

Oprah Winfrey

Michael Jordan

Eddie Murphy (in the 80s)

Bill Cosby (in the 80s)

Magic Johnson

After watching the documentary I might have to put OJ Simpson at the top.

Eddie Murphy stood up at the Oscars in the 80's and told White America what it was about not nominating black artists.

It's probably OJ. Jordan, Cosby, Magic, and Oprah at least dated/married black (at the time) and still kept some type of connection with the black community.

OJ not only married a Cac, he LEFT his black wife who'd just suffered the lost of a BLACK child for her. He completely distanced himself off from the black community. And as this documentary shows, it was by design not circumstance.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Eddie Murphy stood up at the Oscars in the 80's and told White America what it was about not nominating black artists.

It's probably OJ. Jordan, Cosby, Magic, and Oprah at least dated/married black (at the time) and still kept some type of connection with the black community.

OJ not only married a Cac, he LEFT his black wife who'd just suffered the lost of a BLACK child for her. He completely distanced himself off from the black community. And as this documentary shows, it was by design not circumstance.

Good point! I forgot to add Tiger Woods and Kevin Hart. I still guess OJ would be over them as well.