ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
In your guys opinion who do you think white people liked the most between these people:

OJ Simpson

Oprah Winfrey

Michael Jordan

Eddie Murphy (in the 80s)

Bill Cosby (in the 80s)

Magic Johnson

After watching the documentary I might have to put OJ Simpson at the top.
In terms of worldwide MJ and Eddie by far

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Can't blame em

tumblr_mncqjjO6HJ1rjf0fxo1_400.gif

:camby:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching episode 3 right now. I can't BELIEVE how captivated I am by this. Coming from someone who went to an a lot black charter school when this was taking place, I have vivid memories of our teachers letting us watch the trial as it unfolded and I'll NEVER forget the day he was aquitted and watching it live on tv and seeing all my teachers celebrate. It's like a big portion of my childhood and identifying myself as a black boy during this time period is coming back to me....

I'm going to say it again, this documentary is REALLY trying to tell us as black people, that NOTHING good comes from selling out. This shyt it is poignant and as relevant today as it was in the 90's. This documentary is definitely one of the films I'm going to make damn sure my future children watch along with Sankofa, Sarafina, Chaka Zulu, and Malcolm X

Breh, you're getting a false reality from this documentary.

CAC going to get you no matter if you're Stepin Fetchit or Elijah Muhammad.

Just being black is the crime.

This documentary is pure patronizing and nikkas don't even realize it.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they do a good job of making OJ appear evil and I won't argue that he wasn't as he provided all the ammo.

I used to not care...Wondered if they'd explore that his stepson did it..I wonder if putting dramatic music with some of these people testimony makes it more believable to the audience? Overall i think its as clear as day he did it and mostly based on his reaction to it.

To come to the funeral tho
:dwillhuh:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Yeah they do a good job of making OJ appear evil and I won't argue that he wasn't as he provided all the ammo.

I used to not care...Wondered if they'd explore that his stepson did it..I wonder if putting dramatic music with some of these people testimony makes it more believable to the audience? Overall i think its as clear as day he did it and mostly based on his reaction to it.

To come to the funeral tho
:dwillhuh:

It's skewed heavily against OJ. .. maybe it'll switch up but I doubt it ... funny because LeBatard was on this morning making a deliberate effort to call the doc "objective "

:heh:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
It's hard to say. If Shipp was legit friends with both it's hard to say the reaction.I would have thinking one friend murdered another one. Now if I didn't know the victim then I'd probably not say shyt. But if it was another friend I might to compelled to testify. I don't know for real. Hard circumstance .
The shyt that kills me is he used his power as a police officer to get OJ out of jams for beating Nicole then says in court he wasn't going to have no ones blood on his hands. He enabled OJ.

That's a common theme though from people who enabled him. They knew he was violent they looked the other way but as soon as she was dead then oh boy what a bad person OJ was he killed my friend.

Know how they could've helped their friend by not enabling her abuser.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
In your guys opinion who do you think white people liked the most between these people:

OJ Simpson

Oprah Winfrey

Michael Jordan

Eddie Murphy (in the 80s)

Bill Cosby (in the 80s)

Magic Johnson

After watching the documentary I might have to put OJ Simpson at the top.

Speaking of which, is it alarming to anyone else seeing that a majority of these professional athletes are still following the OJ blueprint to "success" :francis:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I envy you nikkas who have already watched ahead, if a nikka was still in college I already know I would have marathoned that shyt straight thru the morning