ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:smh: @ some of y'all victim blaming and making excuses for OJ. Dude was beating her for a long ass time, treated her like shyt, and cheated on her every chance he got. Why even bring up that she was with other men when OJ was fukking everything that walked when they were together? Dude was a phony. He was a master manipulator.
:wrist:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Quick thought on Episode 4.
Am I missing something with the assumption so many people make in regards to the fact that just because OJ was a woman beater that it automatically makes him a murderer. That to me is like saying that if somebody steals a pack of gum that it means they're capable of being an armed robber. It means OJ is a piece of shyt but doesn't necessarily mean he is a murderer. I see the connection of how it could lead to that but it seems they're leaning too heavy on that

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Did you ever catch up on. FX's "American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ"?

:noah: Nicole was fine as shyt in the pics they showed of her Part 1 of the Documentary.

yeah, i saw the fx story. it was OK at best but i'm really picky when it comes to movies and scripts and actin'. it was a tv mini series movie. but there was a lot with the actin' and actors that could've been a 100 times better. it just seemed like a quick "made for tv" movie to me. neither here nor there to me. just a tv movie

and yeah, nicole was fine

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:wow: this is a powerful collage of film

The one thing I'm noticing is the juxtaposition of race and the flip side of each coin.
It's a wonderful thing that the film set up in part 2-4.

The Black man (OJ) wanting control and dominance over the white woman (Nicole) an angelic being but there being something that he can't ever grasp. It drives the pursuit and romance between the two, ultimately leading to the death of her.

On the flip side White Society lust of control & infatuation with the Black Male, also being this trophy of awe but there being something in him that never allows total manipulation - remaining fleeting... Which in turn leads to the demise of the prized champion under this society.

P.S. I also see why there is an attack on the black woman and such an urge to separate her from the black man. In the film, they seem perplexed at the loyalty of the black woman despite the misgivings of the black man (OJ).

This is an excellent dichotomy on race in America. I'm at the table :eat:

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Quick thought on Episode 4.
Am I missing something with the assumption so many people make in regards to the fact that just because OJ was a woman beater that it automatically makes him a murderer. That to me is like saying that if somebody steals a pack of gum that it means they're capable of being an armed robber. It means OJ is a piece of shyt but doesn't necessarily mean he is a murderer. I see the connection of how it could lead to that but it seems they're leaning too heavy on that

I mean in the death of a wife/girlfriend the man is always gonna be a suspect, so it makes OJ REALLY look guilty when he was not only beating her, but telling her he was gonna kill her. The fact that she had a safe deposit box and a will with pictures after different beatings lets you know there was a good chance that she thought he'd do it. :damn: the cop when he said the first thing he heard over the phone when he told her family she was dead was her sister in the background saying she knew that motherfukker was gonna do it.

Domestic abuse often leads to death but I understand what you're saying, it's not set in stone that will be the outcome. A coworker of mine got really emotional when we were talking about the case during the FX show. She was like he fukking did it I've been in abusive relationships before. I wanted to say well you're not dead :usure:

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:wow: the glove rumor is actually true

OJ's manager says OJ didn't want to try on the glove so he told him to stop taking his arthritis medicine for 2 weeks..and he didnt.the results were swollen hands that he couldnt bend.

One of OJ's "friends" talks about a discussion he had that makes sense kinda :patrice: when it comes to Fuhrman and planting evidence

he says a guy asked him "you wanna know what mark fuhrman would have to know before he planted the glove? he'd have to know that OJ Simpson didn't have an alibi. That he wasn't in some woman's bed at the time of the murder, a gathering, a restaurant, etc. :damn: there's no way for Mark Fuhrman to have known that.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
YO WHAT THE fukk :scust::damn::whoa:

Episode 4 they show the crime scene photo of Nicole's face and her neck cut all the way open and its not censored at all :wtf: Ron too this shyt is vicious

it's hard to believe they will show this on actual EPSN

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: the glove rumor is actually true

OJ's manager says OJ didn't want to try on the glove so he told him to stop taking his arthritis medicine for 2 weeks..and he didnt.the results were swollen hands that he couldnt bend.

One of the interns on the case said this was clearly false. He said you can clearly see OJ writing notes during the day of putting on the glove and that would've been impossible if he wasn't taking his medicine.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
when it comes to Fuhrman and planting evidence

he says a guy asked him "you wanna know what mark fuhrman would have to know before he planted the glove? he'd have to know that OJ Simpson didn't have an alibi. That he wasn't in some woman's bed at the time of the murder, a gathering, a restaurant, etc. :damn: there's no way for Mark Fuhrman to have known that.
One thing about this. I don't necessarily think he went to OJ's place looking to plant it. The theory is that he had collected that piece of evidence and put it into a plastic bag as they did with other evidence. But from the order of events happening all the cops had talked to Kato who brought up OJ and him going to dinner and then OJ not leaving for a few hours after that. At that point Fuhrman disappeared and started walking around the house and "discovered" the other glove. By then he knew full well OJ had been at home all night. Also I love Bailey's point that by the time the glove is discovered it had been out there for I believe like 7 or 8 hours and was still glistening wet according to Fuhrman and if it had truly been outside that long it should've been dried up.

I ain't to that part of the movie yet so I could be wrong but that's what I had learned previously about all this.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
One thing about this. I don't necessarily think he went to OJ's place looking to plant it. The theory is that he had collected that piece of evidence and put it into a plastic bag as they did with other evidence. But from the order of events happening all the cops had talked to Kato who brought up OJ and him going to dinner and then OJ not leaving for a few hours after that. At that point Fuhrman disappeared and started walking around the house and "discovered" the other glove. By then he knew full well OJ had been at home all night. Also I love Bailey's point that by the time the glove is discovered it had been out there for I believe like 7 or 8 hours and was still glistening wet according to Fuhrman and if it had truly been outside that long it should've been dried up.

I ain't to that part of the movie yet so I could be wrong but that's what I had learned previously about all this.

Yeah I forgot that he said he found it after talking to Kato, which would go against any alibi that OJ could use.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

we gon really act like nicole won't fine? :shaq2:

Nicole+Brown+FILE+O+J+Simpson+Nicole+Brown+5n8jCHkp4nDl.jpg

HxUHDBlEOh0GHR8ATjAXGxQZRx4EAg==.jpg