Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just finished S2 and it was so damn good. Better than S1 and S1 was great.

I am very curious how S3 will play out. I would think Pena and Murphy will both be back. They both need to be back. I don't care how accurate to real life it is.

Pena may be my favorite character, but Wagner Moura as Escobar was amazing!

Can't wait for S3!

and damn-
Murphy wasn't even there in real life when Escobar was killed

I dont think they will, they never had anything to do with the Cali Cartel, but could be changed for the show.

Agree, Wagner was awesome. Put on lots of weight for the role lol

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I don't think he was as smart as we think. I mean, he was impulsive as hell. U fukk w/ a Boss' daughters wedding... He had to know death was near. He had too many people on his azz. Its crazy he just didnt leave Columbia and plot from anpther country. Dude had crazy guap.

Dont think that wedding part was true from what I have read.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For those asking about Griselda Blanco. Judy Moncada = Griselda Blanco.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
For anyone that is addicted to the details of the history of Pablo's sicarios I recomend watching the novella Pablo Escobar El Patron del Mal on Netflix too. It has over 80 episodes and it goes much deeper into the specific people and is considerably more accurate to the historical events (although far from 100% accurate) than Narcos. It also goes deeper into the victims lives and humanizes them much better than Narcos. It's in Spanish with English subtitles but well worth the time. The names are modified but you can get who they actually represent here:Escobar, el patrón del mal - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
That's beyond stupid. That's not her at all. Griselda was in Miami during the 70's and 80's. She had NYC on lock in the 70's then moved to Miami. Also don't say she Judy is based on her either because that's more bs. Judy was in season one her husband got killed by Pablo . The Coli brings out so many stupid fukks trying so hard .

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
I dont think they will, they never had anything to do with the Cali Cartel, but could be changed for the show.

Agree, Wagner was awesome. Put on lots of weight for the role lol

Right, but they have to be in. Murphy is the damn narrator and the way they brought Pena in the end of S2 sets it up. They already over dramatized their part in all of this for tv anyway. I don’t care about the show being factual, just entertaining and they are doing a damn good job at entertaining me.

Didn't he say 40 pounds? He went on a vegan diet after he said to lose the weight, but to also wash away the feeling of playing Escobar. Crazy what actors go through for roles. Losing and gaining weight like that.

You sure? Wasn't Blanco arrested in 85 and spent damn near 20 years in prison? I mean since the show is only 50/50 true, that could be the case, but I think she was just a ficitonal character, not supposed to be the "replacement" for Blanco

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's beyond stupid. That's not her at all. Griselda was in Miami during the 70's and 80's. She had NYC on lock in the 70's then moved to Miami. Also don't say she Judy is based on her either because that's more bs. Judy was in season one her husband got killed by Pablo . The Coli brings out so many stupid fukks trying so hard .

Why are you getting so emotional? :mjlol:

How is it bs?, name a high profile Colombian female Narcos not named Griselda Blanco from the period? you won't find one.

Judy Moncada who was completely made up was based on the character and fulfilled the "major female Narcos role" that Griselda Blanco would have had if used on the show. She couldn't be as the show past the period where she and Pablo were beefing in Season 1(in the show's universe she doesn't exist) , so a somewhat similar story was used in Season 2.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I think breh is wrong, but u seem a lil too upset :why:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Episode 7 and this dude pablo looking :flabbynsick: as a mofo