Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
I aint know Pablo stayed smoking joints like that :krs::blessed: Whats good with pulling they pants up tho? Pablo wasn't the only one doing it this season, they did that shyt constantly

full

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The most underrated and powerful scene amongst the many subtle scenes...

Was when Limon sits down and wonders aloud:

"What if drugs were made legal, Pablo? You'd be the King and no cops could touch you."

I understand them not wanting to beat us over the head with Drug Policy Reform but that scene touched me. For one, I'm a big proponent of serious drug reform; I believe drugs need to be fully decriminalized and eventually fully legalized. Two, the way Pablo blew off the idea was heartbreaking.

The biggest cancer on the recent body and soul of South/Central America is the U.S's irrational drug policy; we love what the coca leaf/marihuana leaf can do and we use it yet punish our Southern neighbors for our consumption. Sickening.

We should have learned from prohibition. Pablo Escobar would have been nothing more than a common thief if our drug policy was intelligent. South/Central American economies would thrive off of the coca leaf and marihuana leaf production, very little bloodshed, there would have never been such superpowered cartels.

Sidenote: Having the show continue with Colombian drug enforcement history would be cool...but then when you talk to your Colombian friends and they feel uneasy because, to them, the show watching Colombians kill Colombians on some Call of Duty video game shyt... I kind of understand.

I'd rather the show tackle other Countries' stories.

And they need to use actors from the particular Country for casting...out of respect.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know I shouldn't but as the episodes continue I felt sorry for Pablo and his family. Always on the run, no peace

I know he was a murderer and ruined communities hut still

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
The most underrated and powerful scene amongst the many subtle scenes...

Was when Limon sits down and wonders aloud:

"What if drugs were made legal, Pablo? You'd be the King and no cops could touch you."

I understand them not wanting to beat us over the head with Drug Policy Reform but that scene touched me. For one, I'm a big proponent of serious drug reform; I believe drugs need to be fully decriminalized and eventually fully legalized. Two, the way Pablo blew off the idea was heartbreaking.

The biggest cancer on the recent body and soul of South/Central America is the U.S's irrational drug policy; we love what the coca leaf/marihuana leaf can do and we use it yet punish our Southern neighbors for our consumption. Sickening.

We should have learned from prohibition. Pablo Escobar would have been nothing more than a common thief if our drug policy was intelligent. South/Central American economies would thrive off of the coca leaf and marihuana leaf production, very little bloodshed, there would have never been such superpowered cartels.

Sidenote: Having the show continue with Colombian drug enforcement history would be cool...but then when you talk to your Colombian friends and they feel uneasy because, to them, the show watching Colombians kill Colombians on some Call of Duty video game shyt... I kind of understand.

I'd rather the show tackle other Countries' stories.

And they need to use actors from the particular Country for casting...out of respect.
You need realistic thoughts. Your post was nonsense. Legal Coke? Let me get this straight you want purchase crack and cocaine in legal stores? You think weed is okay? Some people can handle it most can't . You know if this was legal blacks and latins would still suffer the most . We got zombies out here drinking lean , young kids and teen lost from this poison and you think if it was legal we would be on some higher plane? Enlighten by the powers of drugs. There are reports showing that in states with legal weed minorities are the poorest and biggest users of this. Let me guess we clearing our minds and broaden our senses correct? FOH. I swear the Coli hates poor blacks and just love to give any opportunity to us to sink lower .

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I know I shouldn't but as the episodes continue I felt sorry for Pablo and his family. Always on the run, no peace

I know he was a murderer and ruined communities hut still

This. I felt bad for Pablo and in some ways just wanted him and his family to reunite and escape to a different country. But we know thats not how it played out :(

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You need realistic thoughts. Your post was nonsense. Legal Coke? Let me get this straight you want purchase crack and cocaine in legal stores? You think weed is okay? Some people can handle it most can't . You know if this was legal blacks and latins would still suffer the most . We got zombies out here drinking lean , young kids and teen lost from this poison and you think if it was legal we would be on some higher plane? Enlighten by the powers of drugs. There are reports showing that in states with legal weed minorities are the poorest and biggest users of this. Let me guess we clearing our minds and broaden our senses correct? FOH. I swear the Coli hates poor blacks and just love to give any opportunity to us to sink lower .

Let's break this down.

1. Yes, legal coke.

With regulations and the money that uselessly goes towards drug enforcement should go to proper education and treatment programs.

2. Purchase in stores?

Yes. Much like alcohol. Why? Well, let's learn from prohibition. Any attempt to prohibit a legal market for an inelastic demand will be met with a black market that WILL profit off of said product.

When an unregulated black market happens... you get producers and manufactures who don't give a shyt about the consumer. And that leads to tragedies like...

The Len Bias Tragedy. The man was not given crack. He had a bad reaction to a quality too pure.

Also, most first time users of any drug, don't ever use it again. Another fun fact? Most drug users are not addicts. And most users are white.

3. I'm not speaking from some poneapple express free your mind bullshyt.

I'm telling you that the irrational enforcement of drugs...not drugs have been one of the worst human rights violations to happen to our Black people breh.

4. I'm not asking you to believe me.

Look the shyt up and read about what leading leaders in the medical field say about drugs. Look up scholarly articles.

I'm sure you know how bad drug use and drug addiction were for American soldiers during Vietnam, right?

Some stats:

45% of Vietnam vets tried narcotics during their tours.

34% tried heroin. 38 % tried opium. Around 20% or more claimed that while in Vietnam, they felt the affects of addiction.

What do you think happened to those who were addicted to drugs while in Vietnam and came home and dodn't receive treatment?

Surprisingly, in the first year back only 5% of the previous addicts reported having an addiction. After 3 years, only 12% reported to have had an addiction at anytime since their return.

I'm willing to bet that those who remained addicted were suffering from environmental stressors that created a demand for numbing physical/emotional pain.

This is just one example that shows socioeconomoc conditions and potential stressors/trauma are higher predictors of addiction than the chemical element of any drug. (My source below.)

http://www.rkp.wustl.edu/VESlit/RobinsAddiction1993.pdf

Breh, I'm not trying to take over this thread but don't paint me as a person who doesn't give a fukk about my people. I do.

I just know that every drug that has become illegal had a racial motive - from opiates and subjugation of West Coast Asians, to Marihauna/cocaine and the fear of doped up Black and Mexican men able to withstand bullets and rape white women.

We have fun with an entertaining show that's really about how American Drug policy continues to ravage South Americans not realizing that the Coca Leaf was a cherished resource by South/Central Americans in antiquity, which they chewed for energy as much as we drink coffee in modern society.

Some literature I suggest to read for anyone interested:

High Price by Dr. Carl Hart

The Candy Machine by Tom Feiling

Chasing the Scream by Johan Hari

And a great TED Talk by The Drug Alliance Director Ethan Nadelmann -

Okay, sorry yall. I just don't like being placed in a bullshyt category of posters.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
it's impossible though, esp with how easy it is to get drugs esp from china now. You can order fentanyl and now that drug user on elephants is making its way around

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
Who is the balding red headed guy who killed The Lion? I can’t seem to find his character’s name anywhere.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
I don't know if anyone else sees it, but a Narcos season based on Judy's character would def be lit and a change of pace, a drug queen pen would def make it more interesting if anything, but who knows, maybe she'll come back in the 3rd season looking for REVENNNGGGEEE :heh:

but who knows, i'm walking in to season 3 with an open mind, i know the writing will be exceptional :lawd: