Eric Bellinger Says Beyoncé Paved The Way For Artists To Get SongWriting Credits On Songs They Didn’t Write

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honkeys were getting writing credits for shyt they didn’t write and barely produced since the 1940s… Eric can suck a STD dikk with this bullshyt he talking

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
What about the production?
I personally would say only the writers portion, but for production end, did anyone else play on it? How much did the engineer contribute with the sequencing and really
bringing the beat alive? Ultimately it’s all intellectual property and often times a team effort, so I’d never be mad at any contributor feeing like they deserved a stake.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:These threads are always painful to read knowing that the people speaking at length with certainty have absolutely no idea what the fukk they're talking about.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Honkeys were getting writing credits for shyt they didn’t write and barely produced since the 1940s… Eric can suck a STD dikk with this bullshyt he talking

This.

I answered this in regard to rap business situations. Where it became common and held in the wrong regard in the new school way of thought.
The rap business in its inception from the mca way. Or ol school way of thought. Linked to corrosive art house practicea.
To add clarity.
to negative art house practices. In The new school way of thought in the rap industry.

Art Barr

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably unpopular opinion but I don’t see what’s the issue. A lot of people downplay the importance of the performance and overall personality of the artist. This can make the difference between a well written song that goes unheard vs a hit record. There are plenty people can write dope stuff but when they record it, it doesn’t have that it factor. So the person who can take these written words and melody to the next level deserves a piece.

If you wrote 100% of the song you should be credited fully. Y'all act like the writer has the earning potential that Beyonce has.

Beyonce will make millions touring off those songs, merchandising, endorsements, etc. The writer has nothing but their credits. Not to mention there's no guarantees they're going to get placements. They're basically freelance workers.

Let's say for the year you get one Beyonce placement and you wrote 5 songs for other artists. 3 go unreleased and the other 2 don't make any noise. All you really have to eat off of is the 1 Beyonce song and she took 1/4 of that.

I'm sure everyone in here would have an issue if their check was shorted because a coworker got your money while not doing any of your work.

Beyonce is worth so much that she doesn't need to be taking from people who are mostly struggling. Stop strong arming these people and let them eat.