Eric Bellinger Says Beyoncé Paved The Way For Artists To Get SongWriting Credits On Songs They Didn’t Write

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
Goes back further than that. White Jewish record executives were getting credit for songs they had no hand in writing. David Chase touched on it in the Sopranos (1:30 mark):

word, but i was sticking to what the op was about, which was ARTISTS like beyonce strong arming writing credits (so i named a few other females who had the pull to do so [madonna/janet/mariah/lauryn]). conversations like this are prevalent in hip hop so i don't know why people wouldn't question singers too.

obviously diddy is notorious for saying "add a cymbal here," then taking production credit.

even michael jackson had to strongarm credits and got strongarmed himself.

a lot of people know that quincy jones refused to give mike a producer credit on thriller.

but mj did shady stuff too. greg phillinganes wrote the bridge on don't stop til you get enough (after mj begged for help [cause he couldn't finish the song]).
and mike agreed to give greg 10% credit on the song (they even had a contract)
but later, mike went back on his word (and the contract)...and because he was mj (even back then), greg just took the L
because he had a relationship with that family...and continued to work with mike and the family after that
point is, it's about who you are as far as what credit you're going to get (just adding to the discussion)

receipts below:

DVf7ZgUX0AApsHs

Maruchan

Pro
Daps

He's saying she gets the credits because the song is a different song with beyonce on it...can't argue that