Eric Bellinger Says Beyoncé Paved The Way For Artists To Get SongWriting Credits On Songs They Didn’t Write

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not ghostwriting. The song writer is credited, but the artist is taking a piece they don’t deserve as they didn’t write anything

And not sure if it started with Bey, but she definitely popularized it, this goes way back to her Bootylicious days

:ohhh:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Probably unpopular opinion but I don’t see what’s the issue. A lot of people downplay the importance of the performance and overall personality of the artist. This can make the difference between a well written song that goes unheard vs a hit record. There are plenty people can write dope stuff but when they record it, it doesn’t have that it factor. So the person who can take these written words and melody to the next level deserves a piece.

He's talking about the actual credits given out for the song. The percentage that each person gets for a creative work.
Writing the song, performing the song and composing the music gets different splits

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Puff is how all this became egregious practices. That make no sense.

Tired of people who have no frame of reference. Speaking out of turn.
The level of what about-ism.
to still cape for this wack nikka.
plus look the other way is still troubling.
I grow tired of rhe mass exodus of fans from the jiggy era. Who enabled this shyt and culturally ruined everything.

You toy bytch made jiggy gateway fans and enablers are the issue.

Everyone from krs to on down.

fukk y'all...

Art Barr

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant knock it. Beyonce like "You can give this track to Christina Milian and keep 100% of the writing credits if you want, but I guarantee you will make more money off me singing it and with me asking 15% of the writing credit than she singing it and you getting 100% of the writing". :yeshrug:

Mafukkas be all against exploration until someone they like is the one exploiting.

well-so-im-done.gif

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Maybe I'm misunderstanding then.

Is your comment in response to what he was talking about in the video. Or were you just making a random statement?
I’m saying even if someone like Beyonce did not write the song, her performance of the written word still deserves part of the publishing. So the idea that she takes a portion of the writing credit, without actually writing the words still is acceptable to me.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I’m saying even if someone like Beyonce did not write the song, her performance of the written word still deserves part of the publishing. So the idea that she takes a portion of the writing credit, without actually writing the words still is acceptable to me.
So she should get the royalties from the sales and credits for writing a song that she didn't write.
And the writer should share his credits with her.
And I think the writer has to share is credit with the publisher too

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about the production?