Eric Bellinger Says Beyoncé Paved The Way For Artists To Get SongWriting Credits On Songs They Didn’t Write

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Cant knock it. Beyonce like "You can give this track to Christina Milian and keep 100% of the writing credits if you want, but I guarantee you will make more money off me singing it and with me asking 15% of the writing credit than she singing it and you getting 100% of the writing". :yeshrug:
Christina Milian catching a nasty stray

:russ:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
It’s not ghostwriting. The song writer is credited, but the artist is taking a piece they don’t deserve as they didn’t write anything

And not sure if it started with Bey, but she definitely popularized it, this goes way back to her Bootylicious days
You would think they would take the money Beyonce generated for them and move accordingly. Bellinger is talented, but why even descend down this path......he talking shyt like he top 3......

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You would think they would take the money Beyonce generated for them and move accordingly. Bellinger is talented, but why even descend down this path......he talking shyt like he top 3......
Why doesn’t he have the right to talk? He’s a writer and clearly trying to shed light on how the game is played. Dude ain’t writing for Beyonce so it doesn’t matter that she’s his point of reference

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why doesn’t he have the right to talk? He’s a writer and clearly trying to shed light on how the game is played. Dude ain’t writing for Beyonce so it doesn’t matter that she’s his point of reference
Wild he wasn’t even talking shyt lol

He was asked a question & answered it.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Well for one he chose a black woman, possibly the biggest name to make a moot point that everybody that actually cared already knows about so it's fukk whatever he saying after that to be honest. Whatever he is talking about is anything but clear because he put some chatty patty shyt out without explaining what the deal actually is.......if he wasn't writing for her why even bring her name into it? We know why he did it and I respect him less for it

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nah, Mariah and Janet wrote their shyt. More specifically their early stuff. It’s another reason Mariah be on folks necks
Janey didn't start writing until later even then it was questionable. She was a studio puppet for Jam and Lewis. Love Janet though just keeping it real.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Nikka what you think “ghostwriting” is :why:
That’s not ghostwriting. Ghostwriters get paid a fee to write lyrics and are not credited as a song writer for the song. That’s what makes them a ghostwriter. The artist performing the lyrics gets full credit as the writer.

Eric bellinger is referring to the artist performing the song being so renowned that they demand the writer gives them a percentage of their songwriting credits.

Imagine an artist like Kendrick Lamar requiring the producer of a beat to give him a percentage of his production credit because he’s Kendrick Lamar and a placement on his album is that good of a look. If it were a regular artist it wouldn’t work but for a artist of Beyoncé caliber the money you would make from being a credited writer on her album is worth giving up a percentage of the credits.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if they get away with doing that with the top songwriters.
It’s beneficial to both parties. If Ne-Yo gives a song like irreplaceable to an artist like Cassie it’s not going to have the same success as giving the song to Beyoncé. The money he gives up by giving Beyoncé songwriting credits is nothing compared to the money he made by giving her the record. He probably gets millions in royalties of that one song.

Same thing with the dream and songs like umbrella and single ladies. He never has to work again off those 2 songs alone :wow:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Probably unpopular opinion but I don’t see what’s the issue. A lot of people downplay the importance of the performance and overall personality of the artist. This can make the difference between a well written song that goes unheard vs a hit record. There are plenty people can write dope stuff but when they record it, it doesn’t have that it factor. So the person who can take these written words and melody to the next level deserves a piece.