Enough is enough, PS4 PRO is a borderline CON

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys gave XBots HELL every time a multiplat didn't run silky smooth perfect at the same exact frame rate and resolution as PS4, even when the minor drops were absolutely negligible.
Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's the game's fault. :russ:
That's what I'm :laff:about.
:snoop:

Here's the difference, a game not running at the same performance/res on Xbox 1 is almost always due to the fact that the hardware was incapable as the resolution had to be dropped just to reach a 30fps performance cap. Even in those circumstances there were other things affected(visual fidelity) just to reach a stable 30fps.

Contrast that with a PS4 Pro game that 99% of the time runs better/runs higher fidelity visuals at higher res you can clearly see it's not a hardware issue if there's a fps drop. To suggest that the hardware is faulty because Tomb Raider running at 4K/30fps drops a fps or two in an intense scene that runs at 30fps at 1080P on PS4 is ridiculous.

A "worse version" is running at the exact settings/fps/res and still performing worse which isn't happening because the Pro always runs at a higher preset.

It's such a completely stupid and ridiculous reach to even compare the two situations.
This is even exacerbated because the title in discussion isn't even talking about a fps issue but a frame pacing issue which affects a specific mode on the Pro.

On LQ mode, the game runs at 1080P/30fps with little ot no frame pacing issues. Even that mode is still by default better than the standard PS4 as the PS4 runs at 900P~1080p at 30fps with more performance drops. On HQ mode it's running with higher quality texture filtering, better textures and at a 1800P checkerboard at 30fps. How is that running worse? Y'all not even making sense no more. Y'all tryna bring up a rare game or two and point out software issues and conflate them to be a Pro issue.

I guess the 60fps update for FFXV is going to be largely ignored when it launches right? Gotta get them daps right? This forum is a carnival of stupid at times.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Comparing PCs with multiple architectures isn't really the same as devs having a supposed streamlined process for 2 sets of hardware.

I'll give credit for the bold move to emulate 4k at a low cost but the performance issues need to be ironed out.
There are no performance issues. virtually every game runs better. a game or two having a drop isn't cause to say there's a system wide performance delta that isn't being met which is what is trying to be suggested here. X game has an issue? that's solely the devs responsibility, not something that needs to be fixed by a ps4 firmware update.
This entire issue has been grossly overblown to gargantuan levels.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
I'm probably never buying a sony console again.

Especially now that sony has introduced some sort of policy that means mods on ps4 are heavily limited compared to the mods on xbone and pc.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
There are no performance issues. virtually every game runs better. a game or two having a drop isn't cause to say there's a system wide performance delta that isn't being met which is what is trying to be suggested here. X game has an issue? that's solely the devs responsibility, not something that needs to be fixed by a ps4 firmware update.
This entire issue has been grossly overblown to gargantuan levels.
Frame dips in the flagship feature of the console of 4k is an issue which probably comes down to them not using a better CPU. It'll get optimised eventually because that's the advantage of consoles but right now it's not a good look.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Frame dips in the flagship feature of the console of 4k is an issue which probably comes down to them not using a better CPU. It'll get optimised eventually because that's the advantage of consoles but right now it's not a good look.
not really because the last game that had a huge dip in one scene that didn't occur on the base PS4 was Deus Ex and that was fixed already because it was a alpha effect. Watch Dogs 2 had some dips in a particular section and that was fixed already. It depends on whether the frame dip in question is a CPU bound issue. Other than those two games really every other game runs pound for pound better on the Pro.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:snoop:

Here's the difference, a game not running at the same performance/res on Xbox 1 is almost always due to the fact that the hardware was incapable as the resolution had to be dropped just to reach a 30fps performance cap. Even in those circumstances there were other things affected(visual fidelity) just to reach a stable 30fps.

Contrast that with a PS4 Pro game that 99% of the time runs better/runs higher fidelity visuals at higher res you can clearly see it's not a hardware issue if there's a fps drop. To suggest that the hardware is faulty because Tomb Raider running at 4K/30fps drops a fps or two in an intense scene that runs at 30fps at 1080P on PS4 is ridiculous.

A "worse version" is running at the exact settings/fps/res and still performing worse which isn't happening because the Pro always runs at a higher preset.

It's such a completely stupid and ridiculous reach to even compare the two situations.
This is even exacerbated because the title in discussion isn't even talking about a fps issue but a frame pacing issue which affects a specific mode on the Pro.

On LQ mode, the game runs at 1080P/30fps with little ot no frame pacing issues. Even that mode is still by default better than the standard PS4 as the PS4 runs at 900P~1080p at 30fps with more performance drops. On HQ mode it's running with higher quality texture filtering, better textures and at a 1800P checkerboard at 30fps. How is that running worse? Y'all not even making sense no more. Y'all tryna bring up a rare game or two and point out software issues and conflate them to be a Pro issue.

I guess the 60fps update for FFXV is going to be largely ignored when it launches right? Gotta get them daps right? This forum is a carnival of stupid at times.
All those words ain't gonna pick back up the frames PS4Pro dropped while running FF15. :coffee:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All those words ain't gonna pick back up the frames PS4Pro dropped while running FF15. :coffee:
there's nothing to pick up because frames aren't being dropped on PS4 Pro genius. If you actually did your homework you'd realize frame pacing is what's the issue at hand, not dropped frames. Do your homework before trying to make brusque replies.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I mean this shyt is literally ABC to me. How are people not getting it is beyond me. Anytime they have reported a minor frame drop on the Pro it was running on clearly higher settings than the other consoles. On top of that any frame pacing issues have been fixed. If half of u actually had these games u would know they run way better. Only people I see complaining are people who DON'T have the console or people with ridiculous expectations. Like my dude @Ciggavelli comparing it to his 5K SLI PC set up. I mean dude is in the top 1% when it comes to PC setups. Let alone tryna compare a 400 dollar console to that. There's games that run better on the Xbox One than the OG PS4 being that the PS4 is running higher resolution and graphic settings. Does that mean there's something wrong wit the PS4? Is the PS4 not worth it? Is the PS4 not more powerful than the Xbox One all of a sudden? I feel like people let their brains fall out when it comes to this non issue.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:what: Barely faster than a PS4? nikka the PS4 is basically a Radeon 7870. The Pro is damn near a 2013 Nvidia Titan equivalent. I had a fukkin 7870 back in 2012 and it was a mid tier card then. U have no fukkin idea what u talkin about. How the fukk ain't I objective? I don't give a fukk about this console war shyt. I got both of em and enjoy both. I have defended Xbox plenty of times on here. Get the fukk out my face wit that corny shyt. Problem is YALL not being objective. So u making borderline stupid ass posts. I been tryna warn dumbasses about both these fukkin consoles since before they released in 2013. I have a PC that outperforms both. and even the Pro. U nikkas sit here and argue resolution, framerate, etc etc and have the fukkin slightest idea what yall talkin bout. I mostly stay out of these type of threads cause I don't like getting sucked into this bullshyt. But u cosigned and dapped a nikka sayin the Pro is like Sega CD. Which shows me u don't own a Pro and u never fukkin owned a Sega CD either. Yet I'm the dumb one? U and anyone who fukkin cosign's ya bullshyt is ALL stupid as fukk.
Shut yo dumbass up. No one gives a fukk about your bullshyt comparisons regarding cards you've owned in the past. REAL WORLD testing shows the PSPro is preforming like shyt. Again, you and @Fatboi1 can keep parroting all the sony propaganda you like. Nikkas with common sense know the deal.