End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
What kinda question is this breh :dead:

Interestingly, the Variety specified that they're not sure what will happen with Marvel/Lucasfilm films yet, those may just go to VOD providers and maybe not this new service
I meant it in a ´compared to how much people watch their famous shows like House of Cards, Orange is the new black, Stranger Things, Luke Cage and famous movies´

And I thought I understood that they´d pull it ALL, that changes things (the Variety report)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is dumb.

Streaming game is getting as convoluted as cable.

Everybody is going to want their own and it's just going to have people pirate the shyt more.
streaming is what cable always wanted to be

networks always hated cable package deals...with the internet you can afford to be that selective

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
We at a point where its becoming overwhelming and expensive, unless you stick to a service that works.

Yep. People cut the cord to save money and gravitated to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu streaming services, but with studios pulling their content to set up their own shop, people will be paying more than they ever did for cable if they want to get a taste of everything. I don't see that working out in the future for these companies because most people are going to stick with only one or two services.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
This is dumb.

Streaming game is getting as convoluted as cable.

Everybody is going to want their own and it's just going to have people pirate the shyt more.

on the flip side it gives you more freedom if you choose to pay for what you want a la carte

cuts down on having 499 channels you never watch. Keeps your options very lean.

paying for 5 steaming services at $10 a pop of which is all stuff you want to watch is cheaper than paying $200 for cable

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
on the flip side it gives you more freedom if you choose to pay for what you want a la carte

paying for 5 steaming services at $10 a pop of which is all stuff you want to watch is cheaper than paying $200 for cable
Cable is already a la carte here in Canada :yeshrug:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
zgVM8_s-200x150.gif

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
Yep. People cut the cord to save money and gravitated to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu streaming services, but with studios pulling their content to set up their own shop, people will be paying more than they ever did for cable if they want to get a taste of everything. I don't see that working out in the future for these companies because most people are going to stick with only one or two services.
This it's turning into cable 2.0. Amazon prime works because of the value of shipping discounts music and video on demand all for one price it's a easy sell. Netflix works because it's the pioneer most people have had netflix for years. Hbo has a huge back catalog of shows and docsee and always has something new and great when the premier show ends I could see that lasting. All these other platforms that's popping up in don't see lasting. I tried a bunch of different ones to see who has the best value because ease of access for 10 bucks and supporting shows you like is more important than free shyt if it put showsome you love in jeopardy. With that said most people still have cable because no one has cornered the market on live TV events think sports award shows etc. The first to that will be king in the new age and no a espn service with no nfl and nba won't cut it but itshe a move toward what is not covered. Once the NFL and nba figures out people are more willing to pay for say Lakers or cowboy games and don't give a fukk about the Browns and magic and unbundle theircont league pass and start shopping passes for individual teams and live marquee tv games things would get a lot easier in suncribing to that second streaming service.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I meant it in a ´compared to how much people watch their famous shows like House of Cards, Orange is the new black, Stranger Things, Luke Cage and famous movies´

And I thought I understood that they´d pull it ALL, that changes things (the Variety report)
You don't think every family on Earth has been streaming Moana for their kids????

The Originals may get more media coverage because that's what they intend but families are watching the shyt out of the Disney movies

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
You don't think every family on Earth has been streaming Moana for their kids????

The Originals may get more media coverage because that's what they intend but families are watching the shyt out of the Disney movies
Now that you say it, this is true for sure. You´re right about this, hella parents put on Netflix for their kids.

I wonder if Netflix is now looking to buy a small studio that can create cartoons to do their own Netflix cartoon
:jbhmm:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Look at what you pay for already.

Do you have spotify/tidal/Apple Music?

Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime?

Any Patreon/GoFundme/etcs?

or pay 0 and just download em

paying for any streaming service is an L imo :mjlol: yall at the mercy of these a$$hole execs tryna milk you dry

learning how to download/stream for free >>>>>>>>> any service

I only break bread when I KNOW it's going to the artist directly

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
All I know is I'm at my video streaming service limit with Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and Crunchyroll. Unless somewhere down the line NBA or NFL starts a live streaming service that's it for me. I'll be glad when the smoke clears and we know what's left standing because this is getting to be a cluster with everybody trying to get a piece of the streaming game.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The game is about to be ruined due to individualization :sadcam:

Everything gonna be so fractured. Like someone said it's gonna end up being cable 2.0.