End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Folks old enough should remember Disney was a premium cable service like HBO back in the 90s. Now its part of the standard cable package. Them starting their own streaming service makes sense. Any kid starting at the age of ~4 knows how to go to Netflix and find cartoons, etc and their mom's are always asking why the old Disney animation is not streaming anywhere. Disney streaming will have no issues succeeding quickly.

Not sure about the ESPN streaming app though. Their contracts with NFL and ESPN probably have to be modified which is why they are not included yet. But I'm not sure why folks that want live sports wouldn't just go back to cable or keep using their parents login. I went back to FiOS cable this week. I've been using PS VUE but they are increasing their cheapest tv service to $45 a month so it didn't make since to keep it anymore. FiOS got small tv packages now that they are throwing in with their internet service. I got the sports/news (ESPN/NBA/NFL/CNN/ etc) package with the gigabit internet service for less than what I was paying for internet/PS VUE.
When did they announce that?! I don't watch tv that much anyways but if they go to $45 for their cheapest plan I might as well go back to cable.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I go to every dope midnight premier of the movie tho.
That when I get a bootleg it is because it was good enough to see again.

How many midnight premieres do you religiously go to without fail breh.

Art Barr

You ain't hood and ain't got no friends Hatin on bootlegs.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I work for Comcast so I'm reading up on this news like :steviej:

Cable companies we byke :blessed:

Tired of streaming services all up in the videos, not having everything you want in one place, tryna bleed you for everything you got? Come to cable television and watch what you want for one price! Don't forget to save by bundling your cable with internet, phone and home security

tenor.gif

I just got cable again and it reminded me how ,uch it sucked and why I left.
I have not seen any tv since I went back to cable.

I hate the shyt,...

Thinking about getting rid of it.
shyt mike and jemele on at that send off time and they need to bring back his and hers.
My whole day of tv watching been off since mike and jemele been on that cot damn six.

I am starting to hate the whole idea of the six.
They need to get off mike an jemele nut sack.
Just because mike and jemele had vision to make espn worth a damn watching wise.

First take is sixnd jemtoopid cause steven a keep getting sonned by Max and first take was only good if steven a was there opposite skip's good Ole boy based uber verse logic.

Steven a should have made will or the soccer guy his new skip not max cause max be destroying him.
Only argument steven a won was Blake versus melo.
After that he gets owned by Max every day.
Plus gets exposed,....

I hate the new espn and this cable makes it the suffering even wprse.
That spectrum app on a smart tv is complete triddash, too.

Directv need to make a new directv service,...fukk att for buying directv.
shyt went in the shytter as soon as astt at home set their grubby pass on directv.
TV is huff as hell when it had a resurgence a few years ago.
TV was off the chain now it is back to the nineties level of bullshyt trash again.

Art Barr

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
When did they announce that?! I don't watch tv that much anyways but if they go to $45 for their cheapest plan I might as well go back to cable.
A few weeks ago. All new customers are starting off at $40, current customers get the increase in October 2017:francis:

PlayStation Vue raises price of streaming live TV, now $40

The $35 package got you NBATV / NFLTV / FS1 along with other sports channels. Sony increased every available package by $10.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Unless you're pirating everything, there is no way to get away from the costs. But ultimately, they will just jack up the prices for internet even higher. This is big business (i.e. a racket.
It may be coming. Cable providers got that nuke in their back pocket of data caps and/or skyrocketing the price of their internet service if they keep losing customers by cord cutting.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Hulu and Amazon are all you need as far as paying. Crunchyroll and Crackle are free.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Unless you're pirating everything, there is no way to get away from the costs. But ultimately, they will just jack up the prices for internet even higher. This is big business (i.e. a racket.
Plus all the effort it takes to do all that pirating is a pain in the ass. And streaming sports pirated feeds can go out at anytime.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
"BCS" is doing around 4 mill which is on the high side of cable dramas....outliers like "GOT" and "The Walking Dead" aside....but "Breaking Bad" went from 1.2 mill to 10 mill which is virtually unheard of for any show in the history of TV. It was never going to do that.

They will drop HBO GO....until the spin offs happen. Unless they're an absolute train wreck.

Fred.
HBOgo requires a cable sub. They will drop HBONow :troll:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I just got cable again and it reminded me how ,uch it sucked and why I left.
I have not seen any tv since I went back to cable.

I hate the shyt,...

Thinking about getting rid of it.
I still have cable, but I'm really ready to drop it.

I never flip channels I only watch stuff I DVR

Stuff on HBO/Show/Starz/FXNOW I just watch 2-3 hours early on the respective app.

I'm really thinking about getting Sling TV just so I can have everything I want for $20/month + cloud DVR via roku and chromecast. Then add HBO on top. I quit all my Showtime shows

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I still have cable, but I'm really ready to drop it.

I never flip channels I only watch stuff I DVR

Stuff on HBO/Show/Starz/FXNOW I just watch 2-3 hours early on the respective app.

I'm really thinking about getting Sling TV just so I can have everything I want for $20/month + cloud DVR via roku and chromecast. Then add HBO on top. I quit all my Showtime shows

I am thinking about sling.
Something has to be better than assimilated directv and this huff ass spectrum.
This spectrum shyt is like being on a windows 98 terminal and the app is so huff on smart channel you can not go direct view number pad to the channel.
So you gotta surf through sorted channels to get to the desirable channel.
This shyt sucks personally.

I feel like I felt back in the nineties when I first decided on directv.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If espn could somehow upload all their content, thell be a lotta drunks reminiscing on their fav moments. I could see people buying that. Creating playlists and such. Would be cool.

It would be dope if I could get a playlist of past moments like that.

Art Barr