Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Don't even bother trying to troll me :mjlol: I'm here to listen and rate music by whoever it is... I'm not here for the opinions of websites and bloggers that everyone already said years ago don't mean shyt....lol

That same machine is da one who made marshall the star he is :mjpls:

No troll. Bro been overrated and ass since anything after 8 mile ost :manny:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I been going through this thread a little bit, and clicking on some of the posters posting with names I dont recognize, and I will tell you I’m not surprised at seeing several of posters that have been members for over ten years, have less than 100 posts, and are talking about how dope this album is, and “calling out” the hate that Em gets on here. Make of that what you will, I know I thought it was interesting!
Let me tell you something. They only come around for Em releases. So are they objectively hip hop fans or just Eminem fans?

Go back to every Eminem release thread since 2012. I been calling them out.

No other rapper has fans who entirely disconnect from the culture when their fav rapper isn't making music.

:mjpls:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
From my first listen there are 4 perfect new Eminem songs on here.

But the others are growing on me.

Em put a tonne of work in this album. Thanks for that Em!

I have to re-listen with the lyric sheets. A ton went over my head on first listen.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT

Al Simmons

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Came across this crazy theory but apparently the album is to be played in reverse with “Marshall” actually being the one to die & Slim taking over fully.. I played it that way & storywise, shyt definitely checks out & the whole vibe of the album is different. The skits makes way more sense as well. From “Somebody Save Me” to “Head Honcho” is mainly “Em” but he senses Slim’s presence.. makes sense cuz in the “Tobey” video Shady actually does kill Marshall lol.. Shady’s persona starts to take over from “GC2” with “Renaissance” being the full rebirth of Shady.. after burying “Marshall” Shady spits on his grave & it’s no coincidence he sounds like vintage Shady again on that record.. take from that what you do :manny: shyt checks out for me & it sounds much better being played that way truthfully speaking.. he did say it was a concept album & if played out of order, it wouldn’t make sense.

Almost like a Death and Rebirth. Shady/Marshall can’t exist without one another. Two sides of the same coin . But if that is the case, it only leaves Eminem:jbhmm: