Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I came in with low expectations, and I'm on my second listen, but.........this is his best album since Relapse. The signs were there that this was going to be a more focused album than he normally makes (concept album, less features than usual, in-house or self-production). This is the album I wanted from Eminem at this point in his career. He sequenced it well, took the concept seriously, found a way to make his new style sound better, and he once again showed that he knows exactly how to flow like he did back then. He just chooses not to. I was shocked when I found out "Renaissance" was a new song, not an updated one.

My problem is that the album kept going.

I feel like the concept reached its conclusion with "Guilty Conscience 2," and that should have been either the last track or next-to-last. After that, it feels like the kind of album I was expecting from the beginning. Everything after "Head Honcho" is weird to me besides "Tobey." "Temporary" is weird, "Bad One" sucked, "Somebody Save Me" sucked. He went almost the whole album restraining himself and he still felt the need to slip into old habits. Why were there two songs about Hailie? I enjoyed the majority of this album and once again, if he had cut some songs, it would be a fantastic album. But the best part is that all the disposable songs are near the end, so it will be easier to edit.

Maybe "Temporary" will grow on me, but this is what I'm thinking after "Guilty Conscience 2."

1. Head Honcho
2. Tobey
3. Guess Who's Back

There. That's the end of the album, good night.
I agree with chopping everything after Guilty Conscience 2 and calling it a night lol

Is this better than Music To Be Murdered By (first one)? I'm not sure... Both these albums had the two good Skylar Grey collabs that actually work lol

That album had better production overall, but maybe wasn't as focused lyrically? I'd put them around the same level...

I definitely think it's his most cohesive project since Relapse though. It's a solid 7/10 for me

If this is it for Eminem, not too bad a farewell

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I been going through this thread a little bit, and clicking on some of the posters posting with names I dont recognize, and I will tell you I’m not surprised at seeing several of posters that have been members for over ten years, have less than 100 posts, and are talking about how dope this album is, and “calling out” the hate that Em gets on here. Make of that what you will, I know I thought it was interesting!

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
My god the way you people juelzing for this man always.

Disgusting. Find your dignity in the trash

Lol @ "beats shouldn't be the focus"

:laff:
Go away. Good rappers don’t need elite beats to shine. Trash rappers do. Complaining about the beats on this album is literally Jay’s line come to fruition yet again.

Em rapping his ass off, and not acknowledging that tells me all I need to know about y’all as ‘fans’ of rap.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You see it and throughout this thread for a 3 to 3.5 mic album

Man I wouldnt even give this shyt 3 mics…Eminem personal and musical growth literally peaked fukking 20 years ago.

Go listen to Stan, then spin any song on this shyt. Hes a shell of himself and has been for decades. He shouldnt be excused for mediocrity because Nas shows old rappers can still be fresh and have somwthung to say. fukk I want to hear a 50 year old rapper crack these unfunny ass jokes over bad beats???

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I wouldnt even give this shyt 3 mics…Eminem personal and musical growth literally peaked fukking 20 years ago.

Go listen to Stan, then spin any song on this shyt. Hes a shell of himself and has been for decades. He shouldnt be excused for mediocrity because Nas shows old rappers can still be fresh and have somwthung to say. fukk I want to hear a 50 year old rapper crack these unfunny ass jokes over bad beats???

It's not trash

He just doesn't have much to rap about
He raps like a recluse that doesn't go outside and enjoy his life thus making his music dated in modern society