Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Em obsession with Christopher Reeve is weird af thou we get the joke but dude been dead since 2004 nobody even gets the joke anymore

Weird to do another full song about him
Em has went on record saying that when Christopher Reeves got paralyzed it was the funniest shyt in the world to him. Even when he died he still found it funny..for whatever reason. He knows the universe is gonna punish him for it one day, but he says til then he gonna get these jokes off.

I mean…I guess :francis:

Also…

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The concept is?
It seems like the album is about Marshall reconciling with the fact that Shady exists, and will always be a part of him - even if he's embarrassed by that. He wants to kill him off, and he basically does, but maybe it'll never die?

The first few songs hint at Shady escaping and being on the loose. That's why the next few tracks are about old content about cancel culture, fat people and LGBT. Slim is a product of an older time and was drugged the fukk out

Eventually, Marshall confronts him on Guilty Conscience 2 and seems to put him to rest. It's unclear if he wakes up from a dream at the end, but the last few songs after GC2 are personal Marshall type records, which hints at the concept being over after that record

I see this as Em retiring the controversy schtick, and leaning into more Revival (or the end of this album's) content

Em is in a weird place creatively. It seems like he wanted to make more mature music like Revival but everyone hated it. His next album Kamikaze was a reply to that, and Music To Be Murdered By felt like him leaning into a horror concept to "get away" with doing that type of content again. I think he really wants to retire the shock gimmick and grow up

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Every beat sounded the same ro me

Could barely tell when the next song started

Production is stale like a old piece of bread. The amount of producers he can grab lets me know he has too many yes men in his circle. I like his last album. Maybe this will grow a bit more on me but i'll see, something is throwing me off while listening to it.