Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This is what Marshall Mathers II should’ve been
I legit thought the same thing.

I still gotta go back and relisten to the album but that Jelly Roll record shouldn’t be the last track. It doesn’t really sum up the album to me. And also he already made a song like this on “Revival” with “Arose.”

It’s a good record don’t get me wrong but the last track should have been Shady rapping from beyond the grave. If Marshall is rapping from heaven, then Shady is rapping from hell.

In the end you should hear Shady raise from the grave again which alludes that the cycle will continue.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
If you can hate on this album, you really don't like rap music :yeshrug:
This shyt is crazy. Mufukkas been begging for 'the old Em' for years, and he finally said ok. He's going crazy on this shyt. Don't hear any problems with production yet either. Beats shouldn't be the focus, and they aren't. They do their job.

'Fuel' just about made me cry. shyt is incredible. Em just reminded everyone that yeah, he's it.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
This shyt is crazy. Mufukkas been begging for 'the old Em' for years, and he finally said ok. He's going crazy on this shyt. Don't hear any problems with production yet either. Beats shouldn't be the focus, and they aren't. They do their job.

'Fuel' just about made me cry. shyt is incredible. Em just reminded everyone that yeah, he's it.
How did u run the ball like that in NCAA? :jbhmm:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I came in with low expectations, and I'm on my second listen, but.........this is his best album since Relapse. The signs were there that this was going to be a more focused album than he normally makes (concept album, less features than usual, in-house or self-production). This is the album I wanted from Eminem at this point in his career. He sequenced it well, took the concept seriously, found a way to make his new style sound better, and he once again showed that he knows exactly how to flow like he did back then. He just chooses not to. I was shocked when I found out "Renaissance" was a new song, not an updated one.

My problem is that the album kept going.

I feel like the concept reached its conclusion with "Guilty Conscience 2," and that should have been either the last track or next-to-last. After that, it feels like the kind of album I was expecting from the beginning. Everything after "Head Honcho" is weird to me besides "Tobey." "Temporary" is weird, "Bad One" sucked, "Somebody Save Me" sucked. He went almost the whole album restraining himself and he still felt the need to slip into old habits. Why were there two songs about Hailie? I enjoyed the majority of this album and once again, if he had cut some songs, it would be a fantastic album. But the best part is that all the disposable songs are near the end, so it will be easier to edit.

Maybe "Temporary" will grow on me, but this is what I'm thinking after "Guilty Conscience 2."

1. Head Honcho
2. Tobey
3. Guess Who's Back

There. That's the end of the album, good night.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I came in with low expectations, and I'm on my second listen, but.........this is his best album since Relapse.
i let the whole thing play eventually. it wasnt very good. it wasnt as horrible as i thought it was going to be either

made me genuinely chuckle a few times. dude really dissed blind and deaf people like.. multiple times. i hope he gets the reaction hes after :pachaha:

i'll give it a 4/10, which is like a mobb deep 8/10 considering its marshall. i guess he should have a handicap since im rating it on a scale of how much i could tolerate, versus reviewing it as actual music on its own merits as if i enjoyed it. i agree with the bolded

but its sort of like saying "this dog shyt souffle, while being made of whipped and creamed dog shyt, sits on the plate in spite of itself, showcasing the chef's raw skill. unfortunately, its still a plate of shyt."

:ehh:

houdini is impressively poorly written. "Abracadabra, im bout to reach in my bag, bruh" like really, thats the best interpolation you could come up with? how much effort did that actually take? im pretty sure my six year old nephew could come up with a better hook. this is a diamond selling artist. :snoop:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

My god the way you people juelzing for this man always.

Disgusting. Find your dignity in the trash

Lol @ "beats shouldn't be the focus"

:laff:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Guilty Conscience II is it :wow:
@Mike the Executioner had a great point above. if it ended there, i'd give it a 5/10. unfortunately, it didnt. he had to do more songs for his club footed daughter. my GOD i feel so bad for that little girl. could you imagine if that idiot was your dad, writing these embarrassing and cringey songs about you? infantilizing you in front of the whole world, isnt it bad enough he put her name out there on record like that? and she has to pretend like those songs are good because it would crush your dad to tell him the truth LOL

its kind of tragic actually. hailie is the real victim here :pachaha: