Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
gonna listen in the whip.

if it sounds like old shady, im all the way in.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
This is a modern Eminem album. It's enough for a single listen, but there's nothing that screams at you to come back to. Barely a quotable.

Fuel stands out... I might actually listen to that twice.

I thought he was gonna come with the goofy Borat voice on Brand New Dance and he didn't, so that's a positive.

Houdini is a typical Em lead single in that it's complete trash and I don't understand why anyone even needed it to exist.

Tobey is better, especially with the video.

Temporary is actually pretty touching.

Guilty Conscience 2 is a fun idea, but this whole using Shady's voice to say something offensive and then using the Em voice to walk it back that happens over the whole album is corny as shyt. Grow up or don't grow up, Marshall... you can't play both sides of a culture war just because you've got a cartoon character... or if you do, you've got to do more to make the cartoon look foolish.

I need Em on his Darkness/BET Cypher shyt holding his fanbase's feet to the flames and I know he's got it in him... I don't really know who this album is for.

I don't know how Em makes album after album of uptempo rap beats and not a single one makes you want to step.

Edit: Save Me From Myself is actually very good. Maybe the only thing anyone needs from Em is grown up introspection. He can do it. Both the songs directed at Haile work really well.

Last edited:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Em obsession with Christopher Reeve is weird af thou we get the joke but dude been dead since 2004 nobody even gets the joke anymore

Weird to do another full song about him
Apparently that song was recorded for Encore (with a new punch-in to add yet one more Jenner reference) and was originally titled Christopher Reeves. Apparently they wouldn't let him release it back then. I alternate between thinking the Reeves stuff is funny and beyond played out.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
trash-garbage.gif

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Lives up to the hype for me. Only a few skips, vast majority is the best em in a long time.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't really enjoy, but I do appreciate that he has his old voice/style on a bunch of songs.

The rapping is great though, as usual from him.

Edit: surprisingly, my favorite beat came from Porter, and the ones I didn't enjoy that much are from Dr Dre.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Fuel easily the best hop hop track on here

Kinda cool to hear bizarre and give him a lil bag

Where RBX at thou if we going back to the roots