Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
After thinking about it some more, there's a few standout tracks that I'll probably go back to. Listening all the way through made it a fun experience but it's kinda like a popcorn movie where you see it in the theater but then have no desire to watch it at home after...

If he retires off this... it's a good way to go out.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The album is.. listenable all the way through, dad jokes were at a minimum, not cringe pop features, beats were good enough.. so we’re heading in the right direction. Granted, I only listened to the album once, but I agree with whoever above stated that the songs are not really that memorable or have staying power. It is an exhausting listen though, all these bars spit like automatic machine guns on damn near every track, it’s like damn chill out, slow the rhyming pace down.

Em without a doubt was spittin at a high level, but who is surprised by that at this point in his career? His ability to string together rhymes was never in question. Musically, nothing really stuck to the ribs, but I can’t say any song was absolutely terrible like I could on every album since Recovery. I wish the album had better features, I’m surprised Royce, Dre or 50 wasn’t on anything. If he cut the album right after GC2, I think it’d be a better look.

I don’t think I’d really put this over MTBMB, Recovery, Relapse just yet. Those three albums got songs that blow this album away with less rapidity smappity . But, it’s a better album than MMLP2, MTBMBSB, Kamikaze and obviously Encore and Revival for sure.

For the next one, I just need him to tighten up the songwriting/subject matter, better production and keep the album around 14 tracks and he’ll be good.
The biggest thing with Em now is i can't stand the music approach he's taken starting from Recovery...all these cookie cutter pop hooks with these random cacs are fukking cringe worthy and drag down so much of his shyt. After Relapse's reception it's like he lost his confidence in his ability to make music