Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
This dude needs to stop making music man. I can’t think of a sadder display. All the best parts of this album are when he’s just doing the same shyt he did in 99-02 (but much less clever or interesting). Anytime he’s doing the usual current Eminem shyt it’s awful. Like typically I think artists should be encouraged to try new shyt and evolve but with this guy the only time he sounds good is when he’s just shamelessly pandering and just rapping as a lesser version of his old self. But that’s the only hope this dude has. It’s so sad.

And even when he tries something somewhat interesting like guilty conscience 2, it can only ever really halfway good because a songs that half old Eminem and half new eminem is half garbage. I can’t even say this a bad album or worse than his other recent shyt, honestly it’s probably leagues above anything after relapse but for all the wrong reasons. I can’t think of another album from him this shamelessly hollow & meaningless. This dude sucks.
Shut up pu$$y

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The album is.. listenable all the way through, dad jokes were at a minimum, not cringe pop features, beats were good enough.. so we’re heading in the right direction. Granted, I only listened to the album once, but I agree with whoever above stated that the songs are not really that memorable or have staying power. It is an exhausting listen though, all these bars spit like automatic machine guns on damn near every track, it’s like damn chill out, slow the rhyming pace down.

Em without a doubt was spittin at a high level, but who is surprised by that at this point in his career? His ability to string together rhymes was never in question. Musically, nothing really stuck to the ribs, but I can’t say any song was absolutely terrible like I could on every album since Recovery. I wish the album had better features, I’m surprised Royce, Dre or 50 wasn’t on anything. If he cut the album right after GC2, I think it’d be a better look.

I don’t think I’d really put this over MTBMB, Recovery, Relapse just yet. Those three albums got songs that blow this album away with less rapidity smappity . But, it’s a better album than MMLP2, MTBMBSB, Kamikaze and obviously Encore and Revival for sure.

For the next one, I just need him to tighten up the songwriting/subject matter, better production and keep the album around 14 tracks and he’ll be good.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
You excluding Infinite?

I dont count it cause it was before he got signed and he doesnt even count it... its like Drakes So Far Gone which is his "classic" debut but his actual label debut is Thank Me Later... I know its not a mixtape but yea

If I did rank it it would probably be number 3, only loses points cause he sounds like mini Nas on there and he hadnt really found his bounce yet... theres flows on MMLP and SSLP that werent unlocked on INFINITE

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've listened up to fuel and I have to say, like some have said his pause/stop flow is annoying as hell. Renaissance honestly sounds like Em from 10+ years ago, in tone and flow, which kind throws me off listening to everything after that. I almost don't want to believe that was a newly recorded song, but some of the lyrics in it are newish. Sounds exactly like he did on Rabbit Run.

Last edited:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
It’s true and I fukking hate her with a passion lol, she did her thing on Temporary.

I was listening and somebody walked in and asked was like who’s that singing?

:leon:
I'm happy for you that it was an enjoyable album for you, if anyone deserves a listenable Eminem album it's you breh.

I'm downloading now to peep the Dre tracks. I haven't listened to a Em album in full since Revival when I did a track by track album review of it on here (that was a really hard night to get through) this apparently being a concept album is causing me to have a morbid curiosity to give this album a proper spin, just because the conceptual album is a lost art.