Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Best album since Relapse, not fukking with that album though.

I fukk with most of it, somebody save me is not what I thought it would be, still dope but my mind went somewhere else with the title.

I want this to get decent reviews as to encourage him to take the good things from this project and carry it over into and future projects.

Keep the beats in your weelhouse
Keep the hooks concise
Keep the flow and clarity
Keep the features minimal

With how he’s rhyming here, he could for real string together a nice late career run. I was more engaged with this than anything he’s done in a long while.

First half of the album is pretty fukking solid which was unexpected. And while he sounds rejuvenated and focused, he can go harder than this.

If he really sits the persona down for good or at least a while, he could take this template and get back in his TES back which you hear a little bit of.

Pale faced killah did his thing.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Best album since Relapse, not fukking with that album though.

I fukk with most of it, somebody save me is not what I thought it would be, still dope but my mind went somewhere else with the title.

I want this to get decent reviews as to encourage him to take the good things from this project and carry it over into and future projects.

Keep the beats in your weelhouse
Keep the hooks concise
Keep the flow and clarity
Keep the features minimal

With how he’s rhyming here, he could for real string together a nice late career run. I was more engaged with this than anything he’s done in a long while.

First half of the album is pretty fukking solid which was unexpected. And while he sounds rejuvenated and focused, he can go harder than this.

If he really sits the persona down for good or at least a while, he could take this template and get back in his TES back which you hear a little bit of.

Pale faced killah did his thing.
Breh, how long u want this man to keep rappin up:damn:

He clearly has run outta things to talk about. This wasn't horrible. Leave the game on a high note

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Off first listen, it's cool, but I feel like there wasn't much aggression/energy. My interpretation of the "concept" is: "you want the old me, well, this is how it would go, so is that really a good thing?" IMHO, he didn't do all of the things people hate (except some of the dad joke punchlines), but he overcorrected. It was dope to get some musical, non-tryhard flows, but I want some of those hard joints like Not Alike, Evil Twin, etc. Fuel kinda goes there. Trouble sounded like it was, then it suddenly ends before it gets going, and the hardest beat on the album is for a Bizarre verse. Should have just been a song. He and Bizarre going back and forth saying trifling shyt sounds like it would have fit perfectly on this album.

Trouble, that Bizarre verse and Kyrie And Luka were massive missed opportunities. K&L should have been a classic, but 2 Chainz didn't do that classic justice at all, and Em did one of those unneeded beat switches. I almost felt trolled. That's the dope beats and rhymes shyt a lot of us want from him, and we got bait and switched. Imagine how sick it would have been if that was the Bad Meets Evil song? Or had Black Thought on it?

The beats...cool for the most part, but fukk man, Al is RIGHT THERE. Premo wants to work with you. Dre is your friend and mentor. Your album budgets are probably the most lenient in rap easy, let them chop you some fire, PLEASE.

The good songs were good. I only really dislike 4ish songs, but the highs weren't as high as the best on his last few albums. Going to run this and the other new releases on the system tomorrow so I can crank them up and really listen. Off the top, I'd give this a 7.5, but I think it may go up on more listens.

Last edited:

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
conquering north korea for nice tight asian p*ssy
This dude needs to stop making music man. I can’t think of a sadder display. All the best parts of this album are when he’s just doing the same shyt he did in 99-02 (but much less clever or interesting). Anytime he’s doing the usual current Eminem shyt it’s awful. Like typically I think artists should be encouraged to try new shyt and evolve but with this guy the only time he sounds good is when he’s just shamelessly pandering and just rapping as a lesser version of his old self. But that’s the only hope this dude has. It’s so sad.

And even when he tries something somewhat interesting like guilty conscience 2, it can only ever really halfway good because a songs that half old Eminem and half new eminem is half garbage. I can’t even say this a bad album or worse than his other recent shyt, honestly it’s probably leagues above anything after relapse but for all the wrong reasons. I can’t think of another album from him this shamelessly hollow & meaningless. This dude sucks.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I agree about the album ending being a downer

Can we get a wellness check on Eminem ?
The ending felt like he was legit putting Shady to rest..that’s how I look at it.

Felt kinda blah…Em is always great at album closures.

I gotta relisten but it is a concept album. It’s pretty much Em having a dream that he tries to kill Shady, but Shady comes back to life. Kidnaps him and drops an album where he gets “cancelled.” The whole album is him saying very problematic shyt that would get him out of here from folks on social media and etc.

He was rapping his ass off. On first listen, this the best rapping I’ve heard from him since “The Eminem Show.” He was rapping like this on “Music To Be Murdered By” but this is top tier.

“Fuel” is Em at his HIGHEST caliber. JID had it, but Em cleaned it right the fukk up.

I really enjoyed this on first listen. Can’t wait to relisten..

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Breh, how long u want this man to keep rappin up:damn:

He clearly has run outta things to talk about. This wasn't horrible. Leave the game on a high note

I don’t want any of the greats to stop rapping, ever.

In my head Em drops an album called Finite and then maybe drops an Ep here and there or features sporadically, that should be his last LP.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP