Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
Slim Shady died long ago... that's why Relapse flopped. Some people forget that Eminem had an aura on the first few albums like he really was a crazy, reckless whiteboy that was doing a lot of drugs, living on the edge, and might crash out at any time.

Now we know he's a shy guy who just loves hip hop
, this kind of rapping doesn't really hit anymore and hasn't for a long time. Probably since 8 Mile.

Very good point.

In his early days, a lot of his creative energy came from being poor white trash from the outskirts of Detroit. A lot of his creative content stemmed from the issues he dealt with then.

Then, when he peaked, he was dealing with drama with his mother, Kim, trying to be a dad, and dealing with newfound fame and fortune and all the drama that came along with that.

But after a while, he's been had money, been famous, the kids grew up, etc.

What does he really have to say anymore?

I think the same thing kind of happened to 50 (in a different way) in the sense that at a certain point, a lot of what fueled his early success weren't part of his life any more and it was hard for him to find material to leverage into good creative output.

At least 50 was able to pivot into a new lane with the show production and stuff like that.

i still fukk with Em but these are the real answers.

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
wtf this is eminem's all time record when it comes to streams and Kendrick had about twice as many streams without a video, damn kendrick diss tracks are huge as fukk :damn:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What does he really have to say anymore?

He's had a lot to say.....politically. Problem is a lot of his fans didn't want to hear it because he was bad mouthing the cacs they love (George W. Bush, Trump, etc.)

...and as much as I love to hear people shyt on Trump and Republicans... I'm not sure there's much of an audience for that content

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
He's had a lot to say.....politically. Problem is a lot of his fans didn't want to hear it because he was bad mouthing the cacs they love (George W. Bush, Trump, etc.)

...and as much as I love to hear people shyt on Trump and Republicans... I'm not sure there's much of an audience for that content

Maybe a cac who has been famous and wealthy for several decades isn't the right guy to say it.

A lot of upheaval movements need to come from those whose boots are in the grounds. Not reclusive millionaires.

Also, lots of people have had stuff to say politically, especially since the advent, and popularization, of social media. Pretty much everyone and their grandmomma.

Having stuff to say politically is different than having something INTERESTING to say politically.

Saying Trump sucks and is an a$$hole by itself isn't that interesting in the sense that half the country is saying it. I do agree that his cac fanbase not responding well to it also played a factor. But I think his stances just weren't really adding much to the discourse substantially.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

Wrong …. GWB was universally hated

clarity doesn’t converge with conflation

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Link? Breh it’s 2024, if you don’t have SOME type of streaming service wtf is wrong with you. This is Eminem, it’s going to be plastered all over everything and super easy to search for on any DSP.
Breh … man wanted the link from his coli brehthren … not data mining search engine

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

you delinquents don’t have this on the first oage ir the last page

video better than song, by a long shot - but this could be the next Up In Smoke Tour rollout - so that Dre and Snoop album better be ready

but the lyrics alludes to what we’ve all known - sometimes he wonders what the old me would say if he could see today … and that’s exactly what someone would say if they replaced the original. at this point there could literally be the kind of contract where he doesn’t own his name and could literally be replaced by a new entity whether a human actir or digital replication in the AI realm

yes ”Eminem” we know you were replaced by a robot andI got a bag of magnets to throw at you during your next tour :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Maybe a cac who has been famous and wealthy for several decades isn't the right guy to say it.

A lot of upheaval movements need to come from those whose boots are in the grounds. Not reclusive millionaires.

Also, lots of people have had stuff to say politically, especially since the advent, and popularization, of social media. Pretty much everyone and their grandmomma.

Having stuff to say politically is different than having something INTERESTING to say politically.

Saying Trump sucks and is an a$$hole by itself isn't that interesting in the sense that half the country is saying it. I do agree that his cac fanbase not responding well to it also played a factor. But I think his stances just weren't really adding much to the discourse substantially.

He did that song about the Vegas shooter also where the entire song was a double... That was pretty impressive though I had no real desire to hear it more than once or twice.

I don't think he's completely out of shyt to talk about.