Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
Even tho he got killed for it back in the day...the clear move for him is to make an Infinite type tape

Get on some underground 90s type boom bap and rap with no accent and at a regular pace

Since this seems to be a subject...

What is everyone's guess about how the old Em was done ? Did they make him shave the beard (is that even a real beard to begin with ?) because he really killed the blond mop on top, his "rapping movements" were crazy funny to see after so many years.

Even if his face was digitally altered that shyt is impressive.

Fingers crossed he retires after this, he is not able to transition into what Nas for example has done where he can rap and put out albums until he's 80, that's just not in the cards for Marsh
I'm pretty sure he's got that permanent fat Joe beard now ,cuz I figured he'd shave and go blonde for this album. The mop hair kinda makes the video funnier though.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you didn't fukk with Em's slim shady style, voice, cadence, flow, back then, then you won't magically fukk with it now. We get it. It is what it is. But to us fans, if this is how he's gonna bow out the game, this is how you do it...

People talk about how they miss old Eminem aka Slim Shady in his prime and he gave this song and video to us that we wanted and yet people still hate it, especially on this board. I fukked with it. I can't wait to hear the Death of Slim Shady album, if there is anything like this Slim Shady.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People talk about how they miss old Eminem aka Slim Shady in his prime and he gave this song and video to us that we wanted and yet people still hate it, especially on this board. I fukked with it. I can't wait to hear the Death of Slim Shady album, if there is anything like this Slim Shady.
wehateEminem.com:beli:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

I think there are more people that like it than those who don't. Eminem is a polarizing rapper and it's not like even in his prime, people didn't think his stuff can be corny. But he leaned into it, cause that was his whole thing. It's just that back then, he was angrier, his flow was a lot smoother and cared a lot less (but that also led him into a lot of issues). Those factors alone lead to a pretty big difference in sound and execution.

Also worth noting that because he's bringing back a similar vibe to his prime, people aren't used it because it's been so long and he's much older now. So that colors the perception of what he's doing too. But he seems to be aware of that since the whole MV is pointing out that he's not the same young dude anymore.

I think the next song that drops will be telling, if we don't just get the album instead. That'll be a better look into what we might be getting, and I could see this being a lot more similar to something like Relapse than we think.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i thnk if the backlash is big enough he'll attempt to make it right. i mean, he did apologize to tyler.
song is mid but i appreciate him goin back to his old style. sslp is a top 3 em album for me so if he comes close to recreating that i'll be grateful.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
the whole "ooh let me get em mad to push their buttons" shyt is corny as fukk and has been so for a long time now
Disagree. We need some famous people to push back on cancel culture. The world is too sensitive.

I support it if it kills these emotional sensitive twitter activists.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last time I heard a good ol "Slim Shady" was on Underground off Relapse.
He actually sounded like the old slim on that joint.
Facts, that joint is genuinely the "old Eminem" that everybody talks about, a lot of this other shhit they're mentioning aint really it, lol. I wish he'd stay in that "Underground" bag for a whole album but ehh, he probably doesn't want/like to stay on some old shh!t, just artistically, for more than a song or two here and there.

"It's always forward I'm movin, never backwards stupid" - Nas

Nas is another one who gets the same shh!t...and he only really gives us glimpses of it. I'm sure if he wanted to he could just be "Escobar" or 94 Nas again rap wise, it's not that difficult. Nigs are artists though, they don't wanna do that.