Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Flow and tone wise that's the best Em has sounded in over a decade. He's not forcing too many words or syllables into bars and sounded off beat. But the song is still trash.

The Meg bar was fine but the R Kelly/Black Guy Peas lmao come on fam. You're almost 50 years old bro relax.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
With Em the only songs I have ry ever liked from him was his personal tracks.

Toy Soldier
Cleanin Out My Closet
Stan
Till I Collapse
Like Toy Soldiers
MockingBird
Not Afraid
Love The Way You Lie
The Monster

When he makes tracks like Houdini they are usually trash unless it has good production behind it.

Also if he raps like how he did in "Say What You Say" in the album I might listen :wow:

You don’t like:

Say Goodbye to Hollywood
Soldier
Superman
Talking to myself
Going through changes
No Love

??

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even tho he got killed for it back in the day...the clear move for him is to make an Infinite type tape

Get on some underground 90s type boom bap and rap with no accent and at a regular pace
That’s what I figured he’d be doing now. To be fair his last two albums were kind of him just rapping with no attempts at any hits or sellout records it’s just that the way he likes to rap now is not my cup of tea. He raps like a smack rapper over beats except he’s not battling anyone and the punchlines are corny so it’s not really coming off well to me. Add to that the beats were average to below average.

And I’m a fan of Em. I think his first three albums are all borderline classics but his flow used to be so smooth and had charisma while still being lyrical now it’s so choppy and overstuffed. I hope he does well with this album but I’m not optimistic.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
It’s sad looking at the state of hip-hop. On Twitter, ppl crying about his line about Meg Thee Stallion. Like bruh, this hip-hop. Hip-hop is built on slick disses and battling. What’s even more disappointing is seeing older hip-hop fans cry about it.

Yeah. Rapper been talking about killing black people and flooding the hood with drugs. But making a line about someone getting shot in the foot is off limits?? :heh:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This sounds like all of Eminem's music over the last decade.

For a "return of Slim Shady" roll out, he should go back to his old style. But I don't think he knows how to anymore.

And he looks very “how’s it hanging in these streets my fellow young ruffians”

He could’ve transitioned his career in far better ways because that Slim Shady “I hate my mom and ex bǐtch” stuff isn’t be fitting of a 50 year old man. But at his level his core base of CACs had no problem growing corny and awkwardly with him instead of clowning him.

But with Dr Dre resources at his disposal, the checks and balances needed to be better even tho realistically who is checking for Dre anything in 2024 if it’s not a collaborative effort like the Super Bowl halftime show.

Same way folks dont want a Jay Z project they are ehh on a Dre (and Em) project. And it’s not even about age.

On the other hand, it’s better than drill, mumbling and what’s left of trap

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is just my theory, but is Eminem trying to do with this album what he didn't do with MMLP2? Or is he unaware that he's going down the same path?

-The lead single is him rapping over an 80s rock song
-There's a lot of nostalgia involved ("Houdini" is paying homage to "Without Me," he dyed his hair blonde again to promote MMLP2)
-Allusions to this being his last album (Slim Shady dying means Eminem is essentially killing himself, he implies on "Bad Guy" that it's the last album)
-Him reflecting on his past and how much things have changed since his prime

MMLP2 didn't feel anything like the first one, and it was really just a reflection of where Eminem was in 2013. He could have called it anything else, but there's a lot of hype when it comes to making people think it's a sequel. This album could be trying to pay homage to Eminem's old sound and remind people of what his music used to feel like. MMLP2 didn't do that. But there's no way to know for sure until we hear more tracks or know the features/producers.