Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you didn't fukk with Em's slim shady style, voice, cadence, flow, back then, then you won't magically fukk with it now. We get it. It is what it is. But to us fans, if this is how he's gonna bow out the game, this is how you do it...
Being honest this is the first em song I listened to purposely in years. Maybe it's the drake situation (knowing he's cosplaying) but I can appreciate this for what it is and respect Eminem on his mic skills and actually enjoy this to a degree.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Being honest this is the first em song I listened to purposely in years. Maybe it's the drake situation (knowing he's cosplaying) but I can appreciate this for what it is and respect Eminem on his mic skills and actually enjoy this to a degree.

He's got way better songs than this from his pervious albums. I get it though, hard to listen to his shyt when most of it is dogwater.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Im torn. I feel like if I call it trash Im hating, but if I say its good Im lying to myself.

It’s just not that good and he’s trying the same formula of launching a project with a goofy song like he always does. There should be better quality control for an artist on his level.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It’s just not that good and he’s trying the same formula of launching a project with a goofy song like he always does. There should be better quality control for an artist on his level.
In this case, though, like others have mentioned..it might actually be on purpose to set the tone of the album.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since this seems to be a subject...

What is everyone's guess about how the old Em was done ? Did they make him shave the beard (is that even a real beard to begin with ?) because he really killed the blond mop on top, his "rapping movements" were crazy funny to see after so many years.

Even if his face was digitally altered that shyt is impressive.

Fingers crossed he retires after this, he is not able to transition into what Nas for example has done where he can rap and put out albums until he's 80, that's just not in the cards for Marsh

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Since this seems to be a subject...

What is everyone's guess about how the old Em was done ?

Em hasn't been the same since he was in a dark dark place... and that's reality for a lot of musicians. 'Relapse' was the last time where I feel he was 100% that old Eminem.

He's had some monster albums and hit songs since then but he hasn't recaptured that old magic.