Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
THIS was MMLP era Em. The anger, the dry sense of humor, the slow sarcastic flow. When i heard this for the first time i knew he was pissed off..

This is what Revival should’ve been. Kamikaze should’ve been Music To Be Murdered By. I liked both MTMB & most of Kamikaze.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is what Revival should’ve been. Kamikaze should’ve been Music To Be Murdered By. I liked both MTMB & most of Kamikaze.

The trade-off is that Kamikaze doesn't happen without Revival. So, even though Revival was a terrible album, the reaction to it woke Eminem up and lit a fire under his ass to come harder next time.

I still think Kamikaze is the closest he's ever going to get to the MMLP, in terms of matching the tone. He didn't overthink things, he didn't have twenty tracks on it, he cut out the pop features. Even the album cover is a tribute to old school hip hop. He just went in the studio, turned the beats on, and let all of that anger go.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know the word on Eminem is you don't listen to him in the car, but I finally played this one in the car and I was fukking up by playing this only on my shytty ear buds as it is sonically a lot more interesting than I thought. I'm surprised Dre only mixed three of the songs (the two he produced and Houdini) as a lot of it sounds like he had a hand in it.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, on one hand he has run the Hailey songs into the ground...but on the other, as a father that one hit me kind of hard, with the audio of her as a kid.
Same breh, I had just hung out with my 5 year old daughter, and played the album after I dropped her off, wasn’t expecting the feels playing this :wow:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So what’s the next single/video?

It feels like it will be the Jelly roll joint but I hope not.

Antichrist is the least palatable option but it also needs visuals.

Fuel I think is the most versatile cut, would put a huge spotlight on JID and could also make for a dope video.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

Fuel I think is the most versatile cut, would put a huge spotlight on JID and could also make for a dope video.

"Somebody Save Me" already came out as a single, if I'm not mistaken.

I thought "Evil" would make a great single, but "Fuel" could definitely be the next "Rap God" or "Godzilla" in terms of being a huge rappity rap hit.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

He's performin at the Crawford fight. God I hope he doesn't perform Houdini:lupe:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
so after over a week of listening best cuts for me are:

Lucifer, Evil, Antichrist, Fuel, Renaissance, Somebody Save me, and Bad One.

The rest are either meh or not my type to care for (Houdini). (although Habits and Guilty 2 are both listenable tracks)

7 dope songs out of an Eminem album is shocking to me considering he's been garbage to me since Encore dropped where u can probably pluck out no more than 3 songs that were decent and that number descends as albums there after dropped. But these 7 songs are dope so this is officially his 4th best album.

I said it before but hopefully he drops a full album with his voice and flow like Renaissance. That would put TES out of top 3

solid 8/10 album

good job white boy :ehh:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's performin at the Crawford fight. God I hope he doesn't perform Houdini:lupe:
Lose Yourself is what played when he walked him down last fight. My guess is he would perform that. But I could see him doing a verse of Houdini also to promote his new stuff.

I wish he had walked him down for Crawford's last fight in Omaha since I was there. Crawford is to Omaha what Eminem seems to be for Detroit, very involved in the community and we love him. And Crawford doesn't have to be a recluse, my friend has seen him at Wal-Mart a couple of times shopping and minding his business.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
revival would have been dope if he went gospel like kanye
but did anger over gospel

this album is solid ... not many people brought up music to be murdered by... but I cant decide if this is better. I respect everyone elses top 5 though

1. SSLP
2. INFINITE
3. MMLP
4. RELAPSE
5. MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
5th best album, I've been a hater since after Relapse dropped (his last good album) and said he fell off (he did) but this album is enjoyable and has about 7-8 good- great songs, I'm just mad that he could have flowed like his earlier days all this time but instead chooses to do that multisylabble choppy double times flows on purpose.

MMLP
SSLP
ES
RELAPSE
DOSS

Literally everything else is garbage to me