Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Relapse felt like he was trying to tap into that persona without the reliance of drugs, and coming across as a deeply disturbed individual instead. I don't know if that was his intent.

This feels like he's figured out how to tap into that persona without drugs. It does feel like a late sequel that turned out good, but it's like a good sequel after so many duds you've written the series off.

I feel like the drugs were still making their way out of his system on Relapse so there's a run off and this manic trip that ends with these sobering songs as he comes down. I def don't think it was intentional because it was messy, as good art often is.

As for the bold...the persona has become the drug, as he points out on Habits. For him and for the fans, there is this attachment and addiction to something we all kinda know is bad for us.

"Next time I'll be in your veins" is especially ominous, it's like yeah you've learned how to tap into this alter ego without the substances but we know how much your art and life intertwine.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I feel like this is the album Eminem has been trying to make for a while now. He's been leaving trails of breadcrumbs around for years, talking about his relationship with Shady, but this is the first time he's explored the topic for an entire project. "When I'm Gone," "My Darling," "Bad Guy," "Evil Twin." All of these songs deal with the effect Shady has had on Eminem's career and his life.. That's why "Guilty Conscience 2" isn't brand new because of the themes, but it's serving a greater purpose that those other songs didn't.

If this was a regular Eminem album, "Guilty Conscience 2" would be a standout, but it would be surrounded by songs like "Somebody Save Me," "Bad One," and "Kyrie and Luka." This time, Eminem lets the concept breathe and plays with it in a way he never has before.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't disagree with this, but it's also the reason it feels decidely less earnest.

For the film room heads, the beast took the light out of neccesity on Relapse. Marshall the person was broken, he actually really needed that buffer at that time period and it came off more disutrbing than funny because he was really fresh out of a legit disturbing time. As I said, a purge of darkness vs an indulgence.

Just becuase you get clean doesn't mean you stop being an addict, that part of you is still with you so he's obviously still struggling but it feels more performative, which isn't a bad thing. But summoning your shadow to fight against 'cancel culture' hits more like a late sequel to a movie you love that turned out better than you expected.

This is Eminem's "American Gangsta", IMO.

Exactly. That's a move that brands do sometime when they use nostalgia to appeal to the consumers or revitalize a brand. That's something that can only work one time. Eminem knows damn well that his fan base too strong for him to get canceled. The only way for him to get cancel is to do a diddy or a r kelly

He was searching for critical acclaim because he knows he will sell no matter what. And he succeed. Either he retire now from solo albums or he will wait at least 5 years to drop another one and milking this one as long as he can

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I feel like this is the album Eminem has been trying to make for a while now. He's been leaving trails of breadcrumbs around for years, talking about his relationship with Shady, but this is the first time he's explored the topic for an entire project. "When I'm Gone," "My Darling," "Bad Guy," "Evil Twin." All of these songs deal with the effect Shady has had on Eminem's career and his life.. That's why "Guilty Conscience 2" isn't brand new because of the themes, but it's serving a greater purpose that those other songs didn't.

If this was a regular Eminem album, "Guilty Conscience 2" would be a standout, but it would be surrounded by songs like "Somebody Save Me," "Bad One," and "Kyrie and Luka." This time, Eminem lets the concept breathe and plays with it in a way he never has before.
Like i said before. This album is probably what he wanted to achieve on “Relapse” and MMLP 2. This album is the perfect balance..

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched a Ton of reviews and read posts nd shyt and i gotta say this

Musically hes stepped in the right Path these past 2 and a half albums

This time he even improved some of the hooks and choppy flows that sounded tiresome on the ears

This album rly feels like classic Shady cuz every other second he completely spazzes out or says something so off the wall s/o redman

Combine it with his best set of beats since Relapse and u have something very special... every other Song is an instant classic to me

Every feature did his thing

Tobey remains my girls fav song so the lower half doesnt fall off so hard for me like for some others maybe

Currently this IS my fav em album simply cuz im still shocked at how good this thing is

I fux with the Rollout heavy too... i cant wait for this slim vs em interview

Best tracks imo are tobey, em on some beat that sounds futuristic is something i havent Heard since 2001, the beat is so heavy and theyre all flowing their asses off... big sean? Ive never Heard him spit a verse with better structure......

Fuel is verse of the year for me and as much as i hate to say it but Renaissance sounds fresher than any of his old verses as far as vocal performance

9.8 (10)/10

Last edited: