Eminem - Revival Tracklist.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
None.
You must be new or purposefully playing ignorant. He's done plenty of songs with Grey. And has a beastly song on Recovery with Pink (Won't Back down).

Or are we forgetting he did a song with Elton John? You "fans" are looking real funny in the light.

Won't Back Down is beastly all right.

"Girl shake that ass like a donkey with Parkinson's
Make like Michael J. Fox is in your drawers, playing with an etch-a-sketch"

:hhh:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I will never understand why he still feels like he gotta make some shyt for the radio. At this age and stage, Eminem should be calling his own shots and working w/ who he wants too. At this point, he not winning over no new fans, pandering to the radio with generic/typical bullshyt.

I'll never understand why his dumb ass won't work w/ Premier, Alchemist, and Black Milk (Detroit representative)

He probably got way too many yes men in his crew to even tell him his new shyt is wack and he needs to go in another direction w/ his music.

Dre's done cause he got the headphones
He's missing Proof to be his voice of reason.

This cac need to be trying to put on for his artists on his label (if he still got any artists on the label).

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Y'all crack me up :russ:

Y'all would be hating on this release even if it was produced entirely by Havoc

How dare you?

maxresdefault.jpg

Not only is this not true, but I would pre-order Revival on wax and have it sent to my office just so I could head straight home to hear those crispy ass drums.

And even though I've hated on Em's post Relapse yell/loud voice flow, I thought Untitled was a dope song, and Em can rap however he wants over Havoc beats and I'm 90% sure that it would be one of my top 3 favorite Em albums.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like a white album. I’m not sure what more you can expect. His white fan base, who he caters his music to, will love it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Gotta make you pine for them halycon days of fart songs and middle eastern accents.

:mjlol:

or

:heh:

Honestly though, all jokes aside.

If you can get past the accents, Relapse has some dope fukking flows on there. I'd take like half that album (maybe more if you count Refill) over anything Eminem has done since The Eminem Show.

:manny:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If I repeast anything I said in this post here (that got like 50 daps or so) I apologize: http://www.thecoli.com/posts/27116805/

@SunZoo is the most die hard Em fan I know since back on :hamster:, so SunZoo, please pull no punches if you think I'm wrong.

My thing against Rick Rubin and Em working is this. I don't think any die hard Em fans really want to hear this. They may be fine with it, but it's not their first choice. It all just feels so corporate. Rubin does not have his finger on the pulse dope hip-hop music in 2017. he just doesn't, and that's okay. Rick Rubin is a legend. But he's also like this figurehead they bring in when someone's career is stale/stagnant, and it's like, "Okay, let's make that Rick Rubin phone call."

I want the Eminem that didn't give a fukk about what people wanted. He made what he wanted to hear. On the MMLP he was pissed that Interscope wanted him to make another catchy single, and so he recorded The Way I Am. Eventually he caved and made the Real Slim Shady song, but he resented people trying to get him to make a certain type of music, and IMO what he's doing now is what other people want.

Em is a hip-hop head. I wish he would just go lock himself in a studio somewhere with a Dr. Dre, Havoc, Alchemist, Mr. Porter, or Just Blaze, and just make the type of records they want to hear themselves. Put THAT record out.

Somewhere along the line, these guys Eminem got convinced that a simple rap record isn't enough, and that they always have to outdo themselves. And you get these corporate albums. I mean even if you love Walk On Water, it just sounds like they overthought the fukk of it. It just screams that they were trying to be different.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. Rick Rubin is a dope person. His strength is that he understands artists. He knows how to talk to them and he is good at spotting talent. I think he's probably a fine executive producer, but I still think he's way past his prime, and I think he's better for maybe sequencing an album or something, but not actually producing himself on it.

TL;DR - People will buy it with Eminem's name on it. They don't need Rick Rubin to save the day. Eminem sounds good on simple joints. Keep this shyt simple. Lock in with Dre, or Alchemist, or whoever, and make some hip-hop shyt. The ironic shyt is they tried so hard for Walk On Water to be different and Em could have called his buddy, Mr. Porter, or his DJ, Alchemist, and gotten a left field/outside of the box beat with the same idea of piano keys and no drums and it would have been way doper than what Rick Rubin came up with.

Nah you on point, but that's why I was saying earlier that if you actually been listening to the lyrics Em found out what time it really was around TES/Encore. You don't spend an album complaining about how you need time off to repair your family and adjust to all these dramatic changes in life only to turn around and do an "Encore". It was obligatory, he was hot, get another album out pronto before he cool and he opens up the album telling you upfront that he realizes that he's sold his soul to the label.

Half of this tracklist looks obligatory...not to say some of them can't turn out alright but you can just tell this is probably going to be like Recovery.

Dragging Rick Ruben out is dog whistle for the types of cacs who actually liked the Beastie Boys after Paul's Boutique. Doesn't really mean much, it's a gimmick, just like when Jay did it.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:mjlol:

or

:heh:

Honestly though, all jokes aside.

If you can get past the accents, Relapse has some dope fukking flows on there. I'd take like half that album (maybe more if you count Refill) over anything Eminem has done since The Eminem Show.

:manny:

I haven't cared for an Em album since Relapse tbh :manny: Man was having fun rapping and wasn't screaming with the flow he got now.

Random but i would love to know if he heard 4:44.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
None.

Won't Back Down is beastly all right.

"Girl shake that ass like a donkey with Parkinson's
Make like Michael J. Fox is in your drawers, playing with an etch-a-sketch"

:hhh:

Yes, I can also cherry pick any line from any legend/GOAT that I don't like or think is bad....your point? See where we're going with this? Like I said before, subjectivity vs fact. How you feel is irrelevant to what's been produced, accepted and bought by the people.