Eminem - Revival Tracklist.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album looks tailor made for white people, which is his base so :yeshrug:, he feeding his demographic.

4lKoVbD.gif

I'm just looking forward to the 3 or 4 joints where he's bussin on there, there's always a few joints where he's just on some ill rappin shyt and not on some whiteboy motivator vibe

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
holy does this tracklist look like complete cookie cutter trash! Eminem needs to retire already and disappear into obscurity smh :snoop:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Please do.
If I repeast anything I said in this post here (that got like 50 daps or so) I apologize: http://www.thecoli.com/posts/27116805/

@SunZoo is the most die hard Em fan I know since back on :hamster:, so SunZoo, please pull no punches if you think I'm wrong.

My thing against Rick Rubin and Em working is this. I don't think any die hard Em fans really want to hear this. They may be fine with it, but it's not their first choice. It all just feels so corporate. Rubin does not have his finger on the pulse dope hip-hop music in 2017. he just doesn't, and that's okay. Rick Rubin is a legend. But he's also like this figurehead they bring in when someone's career is stale/stagnant, and it's like, "Okay, let's make that Rick Rubin phone call."

I want the Eminem that didn't give a fukk about what people wanted. He made what he wanted to hear. On the MMLP he was pissed that Interscope wanted him to make another catchy single, and so he recorded The Way I Am. Eventually he caved and made the Real Slim Shady song, but he resented people trying to get him to make a certain type of music, and IMO what he's doing now is what other people want.

Em is a hip-hop head. I wish he would just go lock himself in a studio somewhere with a Dr. Dre, Havoc, Alchemist, Mr. Porter, or Just Blaze, and just make the type of records they want to hear themselves. Put THAT record out.

Somewhere along the line, these guys Eminem got convinced that a simple rap record isn't enough, and that they always have to outdo themselves. And you get these corporate albums. I mean even if you love Walk On Water, it just sounds like they overthought the fukk of it. It just screams that they were trying to be different.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. Rick Rubin is a dope person. His strength is that he understands artists. He knows how to talk to them and he is good at spotting talent. I think he's probably a fine executive producer, but I still think he's way past his prime, and I think he's better for maybe sequencing an album or something, but not actually producing himself on it.

TL;DR - People will buy it with Eminem's name on it. They don't need Rick Rubin to save the day. Eminem sounds good on simple joints. Keep this shyt simple. Lock in with Dre, or Alchemist, or whoever, and make some hip-hop shyt. The ironic shyt is they tried so hard for Walk On Water to be different and Em could have called his buddy, Mr. Porter, or his DJ, Alchemist, and gotten a left field/outside of the box beat with the same idea of piano keys and no drums and it would have been way doper than what Rick Rubin came up with.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I don't get how this is named "Revival" unless he's tapping into the same exact cookie cutter style that was on most of his Recovery album :snoop:The only way this might be saved if Dre is on at least 4-5 tracks with maybe Alchemist and Just Blaze but it doesn't look like that will happen. He needs to really leave Interscope they basically killed his career.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Em fukked up, went at Trump looking for a response to build buzz.

HORRENDOUS SNL appearance

Followed by him admitting that Trump not responding shook him.

Then this?!?!

He’s done brehs.
Not gonna lie

I kinda hope Donald retweets the tracklist saying "Sad." :pachaha:

I think Em is just a corporate shill at this point. He plays up the rappity-rap I love LL Cool J and Juice Crew as low hanging fruit for credibility yet makes the polar opposite music himself

Until he can boss up like Jay and make his own album on his own terms, he'll just make whatever the label sets up for him

He's one of the few relic artists of the old industry model left who is guaranteed to go Plat. The label won't let that go, especially now that he's a safe guy to market in 2017

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:

Im fukking tired of this lame cac putting out track after track of existential crisis. How the fukk is this rap?

Atleast put out a mixtape for the few hip hop heads still checking for you. Calling this shyt revival smh, relapse was the only good thing out of him from the last decade. Just retire buddy, we dont wanna hear your wack shyt no more!

Edit: must be fukking skylar for all them features, they all trash

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Welp already done, no way this gets any burn unless Preemo is on the boards
IMO Eminem's worst offense is that he claims to be such a hip-hop head.

And deep down I really think he is. I mean, the people he thanked when he won a Grammy for TES says a lot.

Dope list. But it's like...Em will talk about wanting to do a joint with DJ Premier, and then never do it. Or he'll talk about wanting to do 6 really hard joints with Just Blaze for Recovery...and 5 of them get axed. Or he'll say he wants to get in the studio with Alchemist...but it doesn't happen.

Em talked about this legendary joint he did with Preem called Keys To The City...and never released it.

Like, man, don't even talk about it. If you aren't gonna actually make the hip-hop shyt, stop saying that you are.

I remember when this came out, and I KNEW that Em would either just be scratched on the hook, or he'd be on the intro or something. And I was almost right

And I sort of think it's the label maybe? Or maybe Em is scared to do it? I don't know but I just get the feeling he isn't making the kind of music he wants to make.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He's one of the few relic artists of the old industry model left who is guaranteed to go Plat. The label won't let that go, especially now that he's a safe guy to market in 2017

Is he, though?

Maybe he is, I don't know.

I heard they had problems promoting this album, but I'm not sure.

He probably will go platinum though. I wouldn't bet against him. He's still Eminem.

Does his contract with Interscope ever run out? I'd be REALLY interested to go to an alternate universe where Eminem is off a major label and on Rhymesayers or something like that. They give 100% freedom to their artists to make whatever choices they want to make, and they basically just help with distribution and promotion, but they trust you to make dope shyt. I'd be curious what an Eminem album with NO corporate influence sounds like in 2017.