Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Why does Em keep doing this. I tried to give the album a listen but he needs to retire.

He doesn't have it anymore imo and needs to work on his label fulltime. Help makes others stars like he did Fifty and stop trying to make his artist pop acts.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I'm legit :jbhmm: and :picard: at all the hate this album has gotten.

I'm 15 tracks in and the only song I don't really care for is Remind Me and Heat. And I actually kinda like Remind Me I appreciate the sample flip. Heat reminds me of Love Game which I hated so yeah.

Are there corny punchlines? Absolutely. He's been doing this shyt the past 3 albums and features now. I don't really get it but it is what it is.

Is he spazzing like he used to? Nah. Only in little bits and pieces. But I can legitimately rock with the majority of these tracks and I fully expected to hate this album given the amount of pop features and that most of the pop features he's had were the weaker tracks on his last few albums.

That Ed Sheeran track is heat. Maybe because my musical tastes have very leaned towards pop in recent years my ear for this is different, but I can fukk with tracks like Offended as much as I can the Kehlani and Ed Sheeran tracks. I enjoyed the cast majority of the tracks I've heard so far. Even the corny shyt (the heavy duty/doodie line had me weak, I'm a child).

Oh well. :yeshrug:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
He just fukking sampled the Cranberries.

Yeah, I was teetering, but this is officially my 4th favorite Em album. Just edged out Relapse.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I mean if Em really wanted to just say fukk it...he could have blessed heads with "Infinite" type of shyt for this album.

:wow:Maybe Em needs to go back. Breh actually sound good on those smooth type of beats.

The guy doesn't have an ear for hip hop anymore bruh. He ain't doing shyt, this is who he is.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The guy doesn't have an ear for hip hop anymore bruh. He ain't doing shyt, this is who he is.

Sad state of affairs:snoop:

You would think Em would do some lyrical throwback shyt since he knows his fanbase would eat the shyt up. Even so in the climate of today where the typical Em fan bytch about "real hip hop". I haven't seen a fall off so critical since "The Funky Headhunter":picard:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Sad state of affairs:snoop:

You would think Em would do some lyrical throwback shyt since he knows his fanbase would eat the shyt up. Even so in the climate of today where the typical Em fan bytch about "real hip hop". I haven't seen a fall off so critical since "The Funky Headhunter":picard:
That River song is gonna be huge and he will be performing it at the Grammys probably and his "fans" love it. This is dudes lane, ever since that Rihanna song.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just started listening to the album, Walk on Water was ass, but the second song "Believe" isn't bad. Pretty standard Eminem fare to be honest.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I think he gets too technical with it which just makes it sound choppy. Could be something that his voice can't keep up nomore too

I listened through Encore today and his flow on Big Weenie is :mindblown:
Too bad the lyrics on that song is trash
he didnt care on that album and it showed....he cares too much on this new album and it shows.