Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Untouchable is pretty good. :yeshrug:

First 4 tracks start the album off decent, they coulda carried that energy into something way more concise without wedging all those pop joints in the middle. By then it becomes like 3 different albums.

Believe shoulda been the lead if not the next thing you should have heard after Walk On Water.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I'll give Eminem credit for one thing.He didn't push his album back like some artist would have done.......And I don't believe Eminem is done like some of you think he is.....275k opening when with no hit,no music video,and Backlash from his fan base is still very impressive.......imagine if Em never went at Trump,the cops,his fan base,and had a hit single ?...he would've probably sold 750-1m records.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
how'd this do the numbers it did and the NERD album thread only got above 150 replies :lupe:
LOL one of this board's favorite things to do is pick apart Eminem.

I'd say 80% of the board doesn't really F with him anymore but that same 80% make it a point to listen to his stuff even though they go in knowing they not gonna F with it. I don't get it, I don't F with Flo-Rida music so you won't see me in any of his album threads but hey, but it's they lives, not mine. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

momma

All Star
Daps
Some things I first wanna say about Em:

SSLP and TES are great albums. MMLP is a classic, I'm not sure why people are trying to take that away nowadays. And to me, Relapse was pretty great and is worth a re-listen in 2017. Encore, Recovery, MMLP2, all garbage-lukewarm at best

Now this....

EverlastingSadBubblefish-max-1mb.gif

Wow. I'm sure there's worse albums that exist out there but I've never actively tried to listen to something shytty. This I listened to out of admiration/appreciation for one of the best technicians, if not the best, I've ever graced my ears on

I'll start with the positives and say that Believe goes kinda hard, Beyonce on Walk on Water is great, Castle and Arose are pretty solid and I really like that concept at the end of Arose where he adds a new verse to Castle. Ed Sheeran on Rivers is not bad and I actually really like the production during Em's verses (Emile, the man behind Cudi's MOTM, did the beat which is why it sounds so rich and floaty), and I can live with Offended despite its horrendous hook. The choir on Chloraseptic is kinda ill, and Framed actually sounds like a fully conceptualized hip-hop song so there's that.

The rest is complete doodoo and relentless in horrible punchlines, choppy flows and lame deliveries, trite execution of themes and messages (Idk why 80% of popular rappers suck at talking about racism/politics but most sound corny af when they do it), actual fukking engineering issues (think its the Skylar Grey song where the mix quality is horrible), and just general mismatches in terms of style on certain records. Nothing flows, nothing makes sense, there's random interludes for no reason, the album is about nothing and the title means nothing and the cover means nothing when there's only 2 "political" songs on the album, and nobody besides hick white people wanna listen to these rock beats.

Regarding complaints about the pop sound on this: I have no problem with any of the actual artists featured on this. Beyonce is Beyonce, Ed Sheeran is great, Kehlani is great, Alicia Keys is Alicia Keys, Pink is Pink, and that "Wait A Minute" record from Phresher is super hard. I love certain "pop" music when played in the right element, and I'm a huge r&b fan.

But the entire premise of record making is to create something that sonically evokes a certain emotion, mood, aura, or vibe. When you're doing these aggressive ass raps with a really choppy flow and screaming delivery over these beats that try too hard to be emotional (like give me a break with these weak ass pianos and violins), and then awkwardly transition into these bubblegummy ass hooks, it just doesn't work to create a cohesive vibe or feeling (this is why Castle and Arose work for me, because they have a cohesive and working vibe). It might sound fine to the casual listener who just turns on the radio and wants to hear something catchy, but to people who are actually sitting down and listening to and streaming your album, this is garbage Marshall. This was the same problem with Recovery for me.

Soulless, rhythmless.... I really can't fathom this. This album is easily one of the worst I've ever listened to in my life.

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
LOL one of this board's favorite things to do is pick apart Eminem.

I'd say 80% of the board doesn't really F with him anymore but they that same 80% make it a point to listen to his stuff even though they go in knowing they not gonna F with it. I don't quite it, I don't F with Flo-Rida music so you won't see me in any of his album threads but hey, but it's they lives, not mine. :yeshrug:
:obama:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
That River song is gonna be huge and he will be performing it at the Grammys probably and his "fans" love it. This is dudes lane, ever since that Rihanna song.

Rihanna?

This been dude since Stan. Since Hailey's Song. He's just gone full retard with it lol. I wish he'd bring it back a little but let's not act like he hasn't been heading in this direction for a good minute. He dipped his toes in the water and went full blown after Relapse didn't get the love he thought it would.

I'm on my 4th or 5th listen and I clearly don't have the technical ear for music a lot of you have for beats, mixing and whatever the hell else (someone even complained that Alicia Keys sounded white) people have issue with. Sayinghe sound tone deaf? I mean he's not gliding on the beats like 313 but shyt, I'm enjoying the album. It is his lane now and as long as he can drop some heat every now and then I don't mind it. I can listen to him spit like Migos or on a Sara McLoughlin sample and still appreciate that while it's different, he's still doing something for me as a listener in telling his story from Infinite on. It's wild listening to where he is now from when he started.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Rihanna?

This been dude since Stan. Since Hailey's Song. He's just gone full retard with it lol. I wish he'd bring it back a little but let's not act like he hasn't been heading in this direction for a good minute. He dipped his toes in the water and went full blown after Relapse didn't get the love he thought it would.

I'm on my 4th or 5th listen and I clearly don't have the technical ear for music a lot of you have for beats, mixing and whatever the hell else (someone even complained that Alicia Keys sounded white) people have issue with. Sayinghe sound tone deaf? I mean he's not gliding on the beats like 313 but shyt, I'm enjoying the album. It is his lane now and as long as he can drop some heat every now and then I don't mind it. I can listen to him spit like Migos or on a Sara McLoughlin sample and still appreciate that while it's different, he's still doing something for me as a listener in telling his story from Infinite on. It's wild listening to where he is now from when he started.
Well none of what he's dropped on this album is heat but if it floats your boat, so be it. shyt is beyond wack to me and most in this thread.