Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
He straight up forgot how to flow. This has happened before to rappers but not nearly this bad. Prodigy sounded off on some of his later work but still had songs where his flow was good. Raekwon's slower flow sounded terrible for a period of time before he switched things up. Same with Ghost.

But none of them fell as far as Em, who sounds like the rap equalivent of a stroke victim learning to speak again. He's trying all these patterns and adding words everywhere but it sounds like an off beat rant. And this has been the case for years. I don't get it.
He's a battle rapper , he was only popular because dr Dre knew how to make his style work

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
So was this a good album? Yes
Was this a good rap album? Good or bad this is NOT a rap album.

Album is pure pop, we were not the target market.

Everyone arguing saying it sucks are ppl standing in front of a bulleseye board, em shoots an arrow and misses you.
And you say what horrible aim.
But he wasnt aiming at u

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

swerve

All Star
Daps
He straight up forgot how to flow. This has happened before to rappers but not nearly this bad. Prodigy sounded off on some of his later work but still had songs where his flow was good. Raekwon's slower flow sounded terrible for a period of time before he switched things up. Same with Ghost.

But none of them fell as far as Em, who sounds like the rap equalivent of a stroke victim learning to speak again. He's trying all these patterns and adding words everywhere but it sounds like an off beat rant. And this has been the case for years. I don't get it.
I think he gets too technical with it which just makes it sound choppy. Could be something that his voice can't keep up nomore too

I listened through Encore today and his flow on Big Weenie is :mindblown:
Too bad the lyrics on that song is trash

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might be the only one here that actually likes this shyt. I always fukked with eminem cause I always loved bars but the hate is way out of proportion. shyt crazy . I might troll this cac myself haaha

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
nikka tf was this :dahell:
White folks been finessing the country for money all 2017 :mjlol:

This is terrible. Absolute garbage. Framed is a good song and is classic Em. But the rest :what:

What type Disney cinematic shyt is this??

Em just said fukk it I sell out arenas let me cook with these bullshyt hooks :hubie:

And the trap beats and the newnikka flow :what:

I really like Framed and the lyrics on the Alicia joint and the Ed Sheeran joint were on point.

But breh on the first page have this a .75/10. I concur. I’m from Detroit. I grew up on eminem. 8 mile is my second favorite movie. This is the trash. I will never listen to this again and Marshall should be ashamed of himself

FSP

Banned
Daps
Yeah, both 8 mile and Em Show were good to great, I agree. Those were his last shining moments.
I also agree w/ these last 2 releases not being listenable. But Revival takes a new low. Only Walk On Water, Castle and Arose are ok.
MM LP 2 was generic. Same as Recovery. Generic bullshyt. Both albums are a snoozefest.
Relapse, I'll still say Beautiful was the best song and then Deja Vu. But the way over the top shock value and weird ass voices is what made that album wack to me.
Dre produced the hell outta that album (Relapse) tho.
It's like it's levels to how bad he's fallen off now.
This album is a complete "wtf" moment.
No love for Bad Meets Evil? I thought he had revived himself a little...but :francis:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Tragic Endings is probably another single. Typical Eminem single, sound like some shyt that could've been on Recovery
Framed sounds like Relapse Eminem trying another new flow, trying to find his footing and get out of this new washed up Eminem
Nowhere sound like just another single. His delivery is ass on this too. Almost like he wrote and recorded this in 5 minutes knowing it would work for the radio.
Heat. The first couples of metaphors about ass. :mjlol: This cac is really washed. The horrible hook and beat. Sounds country :scust:
Offended is just like rambling, like he's out rapped himself. Just saying anything and not giving 1 single fukk. This cac ain't got no sense of rhythm when it come to a flow no more. Again, his delivery is ass. :hhh:
Another Pink song. :comeon: Next:snooze: Just another single that'll work for the top 40 Pop charts. I couldn't even get past Pink singing, never heard him.
In Your Head. No this motherfukker didn't sample Zombie by The Cranberries (yes, I fukks w/ The Cranberries. They was great in the 90's.:birdman:)
He took a shyt on that sample too tho. All that yelling and fukked up flow.
Castle is decent song, and it's only decent compared to the everything else on the album other than Walk On Water.
Arose is aight Interesting just cause he talking more about his downward spiral and his lows. The beat switch up was ok.

Walk On Water, Castle and Arose are the only 3 songs here worth listening too. Everything else is a confusing and just puzzling.
Damn this shyt is 19 songs too. 19 songs album back with 00-03 em I would have been :gladbron: