Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This is the first Em album i didn’t go out my way to buy. Do u know how hard that was for me?!?

giphy.gif

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Hasn't been the same Eminem since relapse. I feel like someone killed the real Eminem and this the fake one like fake undertaker.

I thought relapse was solid as fukk but apparently people didn't like it.

That was the last half decent effort he put out. That was a solid 7.5/8.

This revival shyt is about a 4.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I thought relapse was solid as fukk but apparently people didn't like it.

That was the last half decent effort he put out. That was a solid 7.5/8.

This revival shyt is about a 4.

That's the last time he actually sounded like Eminem. He switched his flow when critics shyt on that album. But it's funny cuz real people actually like that album. He let the critics get to him and switched up his style and flow to his own detriment in my opinion.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
That's the last time he actually sounded like Eminem. He switched his flow when critics shyt on that album. But it's funny cuz real people actually like that album. He let the critics get to him and switched up his style and flow to his own detriment in my opinion.
Deja Vu>>>>>>>>>

I believe that 1 of the goat rap songs.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Hasn't been the same Eminem since relapse. I feel like someone killed the real Eminem and this the fake one like fake undertaker.

His manager killed that and I’m fully convinced of that.

A few years back they had a Shady Meseuem pop up shop in Detroit and Paul Rosenberg had a galley for every era of Em’s career leading up to Recovery. Every era except..Relapse.

My theory, Paul wanted Em to be more mainstream and to do away with all the controversial so he can sell more.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Last few songs were good but literally nothing on this album makes me ever want to revisit it

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

Pretty much what I posted, sure he's Eminem, he's gonna have bars...but to my other point....this is a matter of the content being weaker than the vessel. Yes he spits insane, but the beats are garbo. The inverse happens with guys like Drake. The beats are fire and the lyrics are struggle, yet people vibe with his songs more (obviously). Em was always pop, at the same time, he had Dre, murdering the beats.Garbage beats = a shytty album. Also the conveniently ignored his trying to steal the Migo flow, and his start and stop punchline delivery.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He straight up forgot how to flow. This has happened before to rappers but not nearly this bad. Prodigy sounded off on some of his later work but still had songs where his flow was good. Raekwon's slower flow sounded terrible for a period of time before he switched things up. Same with Ghost.

But none of them fell as far as Em, who sounds like the rap equalivent of a stroke victim learning to speak again. He's trying all these patterns and adding words everywhere but it sounds like an off beat rant. And this has been the case for years. I don't get it.