Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt, I would say his last solid release was the 8 Mile soundtrack and before that The Eminem Show
Relapse he was spitting but too much of the weird voices and over the top shock value. Dre came through w/ the production on there tho. Beautiful was the best song
Recovery was generic bullshyt at it's finest. Seduction was ok
MM LP 2 was a rehash of more generic bullshyt. Bland. Only Don't Front was ok. Rap God was aight.
Encore was a pile shyt aside from Yellow Brick Road, Spend Some Time, Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, Mosh. Still was ass, those were just decent songs compared to the wack ass shyt that was on it.
8 Mile and The Eminem Show were good to great... Solid just means they were listenable. These last 2 releases aren't even listenable for me. Songs like 3AM, Hello, Stay Wide Away, Deja Vu, Medicine Ball on Relapse weren't trash and I'd say they are better than anything on MMLP2 and Revival.

Recovery wasn't as bad as this shyt either. This shyt is unbearably bad, and even if you acknowledge that he was softening up with Recovery, his flow wasn't as trash as it is now.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
8 Mile and The Eminem Show were good to great... Solid just means they were listenable. These last 2 releases aren't even listenable for me. Songs like 3AM, Hello, Stay Wide Away, Deja Vu, Medicine Ball on Relapse weren't trash and I'd say they are better than anything on MMLP2 and Revival.

Recovery wasn't as bad as this shyt either. This shyt is unbearably bad, and even if you acknowledge that he was softening up with Recovery, his flow wasn't as trash as it is now.

Yeah, both 8 mile and Em Show were good to great, I agree. Those were his last shining moments.
I also agree w/ these last 2 releases not being listenable. But Revival takes a new low. Only Walk On Water, Castle and Arose are ok.
MM LP 2 was generic. Same as Recovery. Generic bullshyt. Both albums are a snoozefest.
Relapse, I'll still say Beautiful was the best song and then Deja Vu. But the way over the top shock value and weird ass voices is what made that album wack to me.
Dre produced the hell outta that album (Relapse) tho.
It's like it's levels to how bad he's fallen off now.
This album is a complete "wtf" moment.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Another thing you gotta realize is he is a 45 year old born again Christian white guy who doesn't drink or smoke so do you really expect much :francis:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
his last album twas worst then this..never understood why it got so much praise/love other then nostalgia,i loved Death Row era Dre&2001 like everyone else,but Compton twas garbage aside from a track or two..

i highly think Dre cares much anymore,prolly twas fukking his male trainer and just giving Em a cursory thumbs up and shyt..:mjlol:

Agreed, Compton was surprisingly bad, dude had K-Dot and Em, and couldn't produce a destructive single. Instead he rode some sort of nostalgia wave...except without all the hot beats.

Last edited:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
for comedic purposes can someone tell me where he tried to do the migos flow?

I refuse to sift through this garbage.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its bad but it not worse then Encore. Encore is the worst album ive ever heard from a good artist

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, both 8 mile and Em Show were good to great, I agree. Those were his last shining moments.
I also agree w/ these last 2 releases not being listenable. But Revival takes a new low. Only Walk On Water, Castle and Arose are ok.
MM LP 2 was generic. Same as Recovery. Generic bullshyt. Both albums are a snoozefest.
Relapse, I'll still say Beautiful was the best song and then Deja Vu. But the way over the top shock value and weird ass voices is what made that album wack to me.
Dre produced the hell outta that album (Relapse) tho.
It's like it's levels to how bad he's fallen off now.
This album is a complete "wtf" moment.

I thought Recovery was dope. It had its misses but it was good to me. MMLP2 had some strong moments as well.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
for comedic purposes can someone tell me where he tried to do the migos flow?

I refuse to sift through this garbage.

"Believe" and on the third verse of "Chloraseptic," he does it in such an awkward, off-beat, and :flabbynsick: way, you think he was just joking around.