Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
Why does he feel the need to fukking yell? :heh:
He need to just rap without yelling. The way he sounds on Walk On Water, Castle and Arose is how he should sound on records.
I still don't get why he wno't get Premier and Alchemist if and when Dre ain't available for producing.
He sampling expensive records like Joan Jett's I Love Rock N Roll but won't give Premier a call to produce his album.
And he got the nerve to have Alchemist as his touring DJ but not getting him to produce a damn song for him? :dahell::smh:

#Synchronicity me and @Nigmund Freud and another patna not on here twas discussing this very fact bruh,it astonishes/boggles my mind that Alc has been Em/Shady's touring DJ for years and has literally never worked with him at all,except maybe on that Shady Invasion mixtape i heard/read that Alc did a beat or two,Green Lantern's not a great producer but they(Em,D-12,G-Unit,Obie,etc)all sounded great even over his beats on the mixtape..and you know other producers like Preemo,Pete Rock,Large Pro,Buckwild,etc would prolly jump at the chance to work with Em&the crew,shyt is just :mindblown::damn::dahell:is Em/Dre just that much of narcissist's that they don't wanna turn over control to anyone..even the Bass Brother beats on SSLP were miles above most of Em's production alone..

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
#Synchronicity me and @Nigmund Freud and another patna not on here twas discussing this very fact bruh,it astonishes/boggles my mind that Alc has been Em/Shady's touring DJ for years and has literally never worked with him at all,except maybe on that Shady Invasion mixtape i heard/read that Alc did a beat or two,Green Lantern's not a great producer but they(Em,D-12,G-Unit,Obie,etc)all sounded great even over his beats on the mixtape..and you know other producers like Preemo,Pete Rock,Large Pro,Buckwild,etc would prolly jump at the chance to work with Em&the crew,shyt is just :mindblown::damn::dahell:is Em/Dre just that much of narcissist's that they don't wanna turn over control to anyone..even the Bass Brother beats on SSLP were miles above most of Em's production alone..

That's what I'm saying! :russ:

In that interview or Q&A I posted on the last page, he (Eminem) says when he started working on the album, Dre was taking a break.
So Dre didn't come around to hearing the album until Em was just about done w/ it, tho he (Em) knew he wanted Dre to mix on it.
But yeah, I don't get why he won't just get Premier, Alchemist, and Pete Rock to produced some beats for him if Dre when Dre ain't working.
The beats that he chooses to rhyme over range from straight up horrible to bland to wack and everything else not good.
But like u said, I don't see how Alchemist can be right there hanging w/ him and Em not get Alchemist to crank out beats for him.
Look at all the great beats Alchemist was just cranking out for Prodigy left and right. Alchemist is like machine when it come to them beats, man.
I agree on the Bass Brother beats were miles above Em's production, easily.
Did you see the credits for the album I posted on the bottom of page 77?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Man I thought y'all was exagerrating but this shyt is a side of whole ass :scust:

Dap and +rep! :laff:

I thought so too. I was like, "ain't no way this can be worst than Encore". I had to hear it cause every single review of it on here was that it was horrible.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yo this one of the worst albums i heard in a while and I'm only on untouchable.

What the fukk is this....

Yeah, I really can't believe like how bad this.
Even with his last wack albums MM LP 2 and Recovery, at least he sounded like he knew what he was doing; and them albums was wack too.
This sounds like a spoof of Eminem doing vocals and so called rhymes for a skit or some shyt, like somebody acting like Eminem and doing a parody of him on a skit.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
went lookin for links, i thought this was the song but obviously not :dead:. shyts actually pretty dope tho

im not even gonna listen to the fukkin album after these comments tho :laff: what the fukk is he rapping about?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
went lookin for links, i thought this was the song but obviously not :dead:. shyts actually pretty dope tho

im not even gonna listen to the fukkin album after these comments tho :laff: what the fukk is he rapping about?

Don't even waste your time, bruh. This shyt is HORRIBLE.
When he tries to speak on police brutality on Untouchable the message gets lost cause of his voice, rhymes, no flow, no delivery, and wack ass beat.
Other songs for the most part are just Pop songs for the radio and have a wide range of straight horrible metaphors with him just rambling
Only songs that sound OK compared to the 16 others on here are Walk On Water, Castle, and Arose. Those are songs where he gets personal. Everything else is :picard::wtf: moments

Just know he tried to rap over Joan Jett's I Love Rock N Roll song. :mjlol: and he tried to do the Migos flow:picard:

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
That's what I'm saying! :russ:

In that interview or Q&A I posted on the last page, he (Eminem) says when he started working on the album, Dre was taking a break.
So Dre didn't come around to hearing the album until Em was just about done w/ it, tho he (Em) knew he wanted Dre to mix on it.
But yeah, I don't get why he won't just get Premier, Alchemist, and Pete Rock to produced some beats for him if Dre when Dre ain't working.
The beats that he chooses to rhyme over range from straight up horrible to bland to wack and everything else not good.
But like u said, I don't see how Alchemist can be right there hanging w/ him and Em not get Alchemist to crank out beats for him.
Look at all the great beats Alchemist was just cranking out for Prodigy left and right. Alchemist is like machine when it come to them beats, man.
I agree on the Bass Brother beats were miles above Em's production, easily.
Did you see the credits for the album I posted on the bottom of page 77?

nah,i'll peep..

i think i still like this album more then most dough,much better then his last album which was hella bland outside the Rap God signal&maybe another track or two that i can't remember,my main issue with this album isn't even the yelling,though admittedly,it is annoying at times,tis all the fukkin 70/80's Rock samples on thurr,why twas Em trying to make this album sound like a Run DMC joint..?:dahell::childplease::russell:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
nah,i'll peep..

i think i still like this album more then most dough,much better then his last album which was hella bland outside the Rap God signal&maybe another track or two that i can't remember,my main issue with this album isn't even the yelling,though admittedly,it is annoying at times,tis all the fukkin 70/80's Rock samples on thurr,why twas Em trying to make this album sound like a Run DMC joint..?:dahell::childplease::russell:

Naw, this is by far the worst album I've heard from anyone in a long time.
I thought cats was exaggerating about how bad it was at 1st but then when I heard I was like :wtf:
When it comes to the Run DMC influence, it's like he made a parody of their sound w/ Rick Rubin.
Same shyt he did on Berzerk w/ the parody of the Beastie Boy sound

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines coming in after everyone's said their peace to say this album is garbage. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Seeing him call Eminem a cac, which made me :bryan: for some reason.

I'm glad The Coli united for one thread in our hatred of this album. :to:

Well, I kept seeing everyone said how bad it was and then when I was reading some of the lines he spit, I thought nikkas was joking.
Then last night I had some time on my hands and was like "fukk it, I'll check it out. I ain't doing shyt right now"
I'd already heard Walk On Water and was like ok, but then when Believe came on and I heard him doing this abrupt pauses and weird Migos like flows, I was like wtf?
And it just continued to get worse until the end with Castle and Arose.
This is hands down the worse album I've heard in a real long time.