Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Just found this; he talks about the album with Paul Rosenberg, Royce, Mr. Porter and a few people (fans) call in. 1 person who calls in is Elliot Wilson

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I couldn't even get past Believe, listening to the album again now.
It sounded like he was constipated on Believe at times.
I don't get how you go from being good at 1 particular (rhyming) to not being good at it at all.
It's like he's forgotten how to actually rhyme and write a song. Not even a good song, but just a song.
WTF was he thinking recording this shyt?
I can't believe that he actually recorded this shyt and thought this was good.
It sounds like someone trying to imitate Eminem while doing Migos and other rapper's flows on songs.
Why does he keep using weird voices and shyt?
His wordplay and metaphors are horrible. I really can't believe this cac had the nerve to bite The Migos' flow on that 1 song. :pachaha:
This album makes Recovery sound like a good album and that shyt was wack as a bytch too.
Again, what the fukk was he doing on Chloraseptic? :weirdo::wtf::picard::huhldup:
Unbelievable, damn shame when he got something of merit to say about what's going on, it's loss cause of his voice, horrible flow and wack ass beat.

River is a typical cac top 40 record. Some shyt you'd hear playing in the mall as background music
I can see white people eating that shyt up cause of the Ed Sherran hook. Song is wack as a bytch.
This motherfukker sampled Joan Jett and some how thought he could rap over that song?! :what: The metaphors are this shyt is :trash::laff:
Like Home, he struggling to make good on a song w/ content. Song sounds horrible. :scust:
That beat and singing on Bad Husband:scust:
Eminem made himself an Island in the rap world. He don't do many features or guest appearances. He doesn't mix it up with other rappers much. He really just comes out the blue to drop albums. He was always technically gifted but never polished. If he had any love for this thing it would still show in his music.

He doesn't have any passion or conviction about hip hop and he has existed within this culture as an outsider almost entirely for as long as he has been here. It's hurting him now because his skills have drastically deteriorated as a result.

Royce washed him on their collabo album... never forget

Eminem isn't even top 20 of all time. He had 8 chances at a classic

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Eminem made himself an Island in the rap world. He don't do many features or guest appearances. He doesn't mix it up with other rappers much. He really just comes out the blue to drop albums. He was always technically gifted but never polished. If he had any love for this thing it would still show in his music.

He doesn't have any passion or conviction about hip hop and he has existed within this culture as an outsider almost entirely for as long as he has been here. It's hurting him now because his skills have drastically deteriorated as a result.

He and his team made him stranded on island in the late 90's and 2000's. But that's not the case anymore.
Now he works w/ Pop singers to win over the radio. Look at this album, MMLP 2 and Recovery.
I still don't get why he won't work with MCs he loves like Masta Ace (interpolated Born To Roll), Redman, Treach, Nas, and get Premier and Dre to work on the boards w/ him.
But I agree, his skills and sense of musical direction have deteriorated. He ain't got no sense of direction.
I also agree when u say he was never polished. Well at 1st he wasn't, but Dre made him polished. That's the beauty and power of a great producer.
Em is lost w/out Dre tho.
He mentions in that Q&A I posted up above, that when he started this album Dre was taking a break and it wasn't the end of the album where Dre came in and just gave him his opinion and mixed a few songs.
Royce been washing him.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I just still can’t believe this. This dude has every resource available production wise, have a ton of nice Shady signees and affiliates to do features with in 50, Banks, GxFR, Slaughterhouse, and remaining D12 members, and you feature nothing but pop acts he would have dissed 15 years ago and one of the worst new rappers in recent memory. This guy was my favorite rapper from 99-04, and now I would not even put him in my top 20.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
If u can stomach it, go into the comment section on YouTube for that Ed sheeran track and see how "awesome" everyone thinks that track and the album is. It's no surprise of course but Eminem has no worries, dude can literally put out anything and his base will eat it up. Just like trump.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Ummm, he was polished as fukk on everything pre encore, and he did plenty of features. :dahell:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Breh I know it's your opinion but cut it out. You taking shyt too far with all your praise for relapse. Even Eminem know that album is shyt. Relapse isn't his best in any category. Stop spreading this false narrative already

It's not a false narrative, you disagree then fine but don't tell me what to talk about fam.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
his last album twas worst then this..never understood why it got so much praise/love other then nostalgia,i loved Death Row era Dre&2001 like everyone else,but Compton twas garbage aside from a track or two..

i highly think Dre cares much anymore,prolly twas fukking his male trainer and just giving Em a cursory thumbs up and shyt..:mjlol:
:mjlol:

This bullshyt is NOT better than Compton. Stop IT.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
His last solid releases were Relapse and Recovery. Everything after that has been unbearable for me.

I can go back to those albums at least pull out some dope songs here and there, but I'm not even going to finish this Revival album. I think I spun MMLP2 once, because it just sounded bad to me. I don't even have the energy to finish an Eminem album in 2017 and beyond

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
His last solid releases were Relapse and Recovery. Everything after that has been unbearable for me.

I can go back to those albums at least pull out some dope songs here and there, but I'm not even going to finish this Revival album. I think I spun MMLP2 once, because it just sounded bad to me. I don't even have the energy to finish an Eminem album in 2017 and beyond

shyt, I would say his last solid release was the 8 Mile soundtrack and before that The Eminem Show
Relapse he was spitting but too much of the weird voices and over the top shock value. Dre came through w/ the production on there tho. Beautiful was the best song
Recovery was generic bullshyt at it's finest. Seduction was ok
MM LP 2 was a rehash of more generic bullshyt. Bland. Only Don't Front was ok. Rap God was aight.
Encore was a pile shyt aside from Yellow Brick Road, Spend Some Time, Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, Mosh. Still was ass, those were just decent songs compared to the wack ass shyt that was on it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Why does he feel the need to fukking yell? :heh:
He need to just rap without yelling. The way he sounds on Walk On Water, Castle and Arose is how he should sound on records.
I still don't get why he wno't get Premier and Alchemist if and when Dre ain't available for producing.
He sampling expensive records like Joan Jett's I Love Rock N Roll but won't give Premier a call to produce his album.
And he got the nerve to have Alchemist as his touring DJ but not getting him to produce a damn song for him? :dahell::smh:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
If u can stomach it, go into the comment section on YouTube for that Ed sheeran track and see how "awesome" everyone thinks that track and the album is. It's no surprise of course but Eminem has no worries, dude can literally put out anything and his base will eat it up. Just like trump.

That song was made for Pop radio and people who think Ed Sherran is the best singer in the last 5 years. :russ: