Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walk On Water - I never got the hate. Its not great but its cool. Very open and honest about is career. 3/5

Believe - Different flow. Kinda choppy at times but still good. Good bars. One of the better tracks. 3.5/5

Chloraseptic - Some good bars here and there but overall just kinda blah. 2/5

Untouchable - I really appriciate the content but the song just sucks on the first portion. The 2nd part is flames but I have fast foward to get to it. Shoulda been two seperate songs 2.5/5 (the second part woulda been a 5)

River - Boring pop song. Could be worse
2/5
Remind me - Come on Em :trash: 0/5

Like Home - Im all for Trump dissing but this just doesnt hit the mark. Really corny. A Keys is ok I guess. 1.5/5

Bad Husband - So this just doesnt hit the mark either. When he did the song about his moms it hit cause it was so surprising. This not so much. And still too poppy. Its solid enough lyrically 2.5/5

Tragic Endings - Boring and poppy. Good bars here and there 2/5

Frammed - I thought it was gonna be trash when it came on but it got better as it went. Its decent 3/5

No Where Fast -Boring poppy forgetable - 1/5

Heat - Em what the hell :trash: 0/5

Offended - The bars are dope no doubt. Dunno whats with that awful hook. He shoulda just spit the whole thing with no hook. No much of a beat either. Enjoyable cause of the bars. 3.5/5

Need Me - I actually think Pink sounds good on here. Its a good pop song. Doesnt need a Em verse really. Its Ok. 2.5/5

In Your Head - this is good. I like the sample. Really good bars. Not poppy. Dope beat dope bars. Why is this so hard 4/5

Castle - Dope. Another song about his daughter but its done well. 4/5

Arose - Fire. The way it ties together with the last song is very well done. Bravo Em. :salute: Too bad it took that long for dopeness. 5/5

Overall way too poppy. No way its worse then Encore but its pretty bad. Sad thing is he still got bars. Just no direction musically. This def reminds me of lasers. Lasers was probally better though.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
He's right

Idk when nikkas suddenly started retroactively loving Relapse but that album is not good

Relapse has arguably the best technical raps Em has done but nikkas ain't listening to them songs bruh be honest

Do you remember the shyt on that album???

You have to ignore people who like that album. Even Em said it was bad. And people are clearly forgetting horrible tracks like Bagpipes from Baghdad and Crack a bottle, both songs were so corny to begin with. 3 A.M. was solid, but that's at the beginning of the album, after that track, you have to shlep through a ton of horrible beats....lyrically, I enjoy it , but the accents killed that album.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Walk on Water" (featuring Beyoncé) 3/5
2. "Believe" 4/5
3. "Chloraseptic" (featuring Phresher) 2.5/5
4. "Untouchable" 3/5
5. "River" (featuring Ed Sheeran) 3.5/5
6. "Remind Me (Intro)"
7. "Remind Me" 1/5
8. "Revival (Interlude)"
9. "Like Home" (featuring Alicia Keys) 1/5
10. "Bad Husband" (featuring X Ambassadors) 2/5
11. "Tragic Endings" (featuring Skylar Grey) 2/5
12. "Framed" 4/5
13. "Nowhere Fast" (featuring Kehlani) 3/5
14. "Heat" 1/5
15. "Offended" 2/5
16. "Need Me" (featuring Pink) 2/5
17. "In Your Head" 4/5
18. "Castle" 4/5
19. "Arose" 3.5/5

That's how the tracks break down for me.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I couldn't even get past Believe, listening to the album again now.
It sounded like he was constipated on Believe at times.
I don't get how you go from being good at 1 particular (rhyming) to not being good at it at all.
It's like he's forgotten how to actually rhyme and write a song. Not even a good song, but just a song.
WTF was he thinking recording this shyt?
I can't believe that he actually recorded this shyt and thought this was good.
It sounds like someone trying to imitate Eminem while doing Migos and other rapper's flows on songs.
Why does he keep using weird voices and shyt?
His wordplay and metaphors are horrible. I really can't believe this cac had the nerve to bite The Migos' flow on that 1 song. :pachaha:
This album makes Recovery sound like a good album and that shyt was wack as a bytch too.
Again, what the fukk was he doing on Chloraseptic? :weirdo::wtf::picard::huhldup:
Unbelievable, damn shame when he got something of merit to say about what's going on, it's loss cause of his voice, horrible flow and wack ass beat.

River is a typical cac top 40 record. Some shyt you'd hear playing in the mall as background music
I can see white people eating that shyt up cause of the Ed Sherran hook. Song is wack as a bytch.
This motherfukker sampled Joan Jett and some how thought he could rap over that song?! :what: The metaphors are this shyt is :trash::laff:
Like Home, he struggling to make good on a song w/ content. Song sounds horrible. :scust:
That beat and singing on Bad Husband:scust:

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walk on Water was mediocre but listenable. The rest of this album was straight garbage. Only Eminem song I like of his in the past 4 years has been Kings Never Die

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Tragic Endings is probably another single. Typical Eminem single, sound like some shyt that could've been on Recovery
Framed sounds like Relapse Eminem trying another new flow, trying to find his footing and get out of this new washed up Eminem
Nowhere sound like just another single. His delivery is ass on this too. Almost like he wrote and recorded this in 5 minutes knowing it would work for the radio.
Heat. The first couples of metaphors about ass. :mjlol: This cac is really washed. The horrible hook and beat. Sounds country :scust:
Offended is just like rambling, like he's out rapped himself. Just saying anything and not giving 1 single fukk. This cac ain't got no sense of rhythm when it come to a flow no more. Again, his delivery is ass. :hhh:
Another Pink song. :comeon: Next:snooze: Just another single that'll work for the top 40 Pop charts. I couldn't even get past Pink singing, never heard him.
In Your Head. No this motherfukker didn't sample Zombie by The Cranberries (yes, I fukks w/ The Cranberries. They was great in the 90's.:birdman:)
He took a shyt on that sample too tho. All that yelling and fukked up flow.
Castle is decent song, and it's only decent compared to the everything else on the album other than Walk On Water.
Arose is aight Interesting just cause he talking more about his downward spiral and his lows. The beat switch up was ok.

Walk On Water, Castle and Arose are the only 3 songs here worth listening too. Everything else is a confusing and just puzzling.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
This motherfukker ain't got no sense of direction musically no more. He all over the place with this album.
This gotta be the most bizarre and weird album I've heard in a long time
I thought Ye's TLOP was ass, but this album makes that sound like a masterpiece.
Em been putting out shyt for a long time but this is just a complete "what the fukk" moment.
Even Encore had Yellow Brick Road, Spend Some Time, Never Enough, Like Toy Soldiers, and Mosh.
shyt, Recovery was as bland and generic as it gets but even that but at least w/ that shyt it didn't sound like he won't trying at all.
This album just sounds like someone trying to do a spoof of Eminem while doing weird voices and not knowing how to spit witty metaphors
How u fall off so bad and not do the 1 thing you always been able to do, spit some witty lines?
His fall off has to be the worst for someone who was once viewed as 1 of the best lyricist in the game.
He'd already fall years ago, but this is a new level of falling off.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
You have to ignore people who like that album. Even Em said it was bad. And people are clearly forgetting horrible tracks like Bagpipes from Baghdad and Crack a bottle, both songs were so corny to begin with. 3 A.M. was solid, but that's at the beginning of the album, after that track, you have to shlep through a ton of horrible beats....lyrically, I enjoy it , but the accents killed that album.

I swear dudes that have hyped up Relapse only do so based on how the track listing LOOKS instead of how the actual music sounds. shyt was terrible and nobody was boosting that shyt up when it originally came out

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I know ain't nobody asked for em but I was looking up the album credits here they go

Digital-Booklet-Revival-page-002-hhnm.jpg

Digital-Booklet-Revival-page-003.jpg

Digital-Booklet-Revival-page-004-hhnm.jpg

Digital-Booklet-Revival-page-006.jpg