Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You have to keep playing it. :yeshrug:

The album is made for the casuals and the radio. It's not for his core stans. :scust:

But, to be fair he's 45:ld:, so let him try new shyt.

I'm sure he'll release something like his Slim Shady era soon:to::blessed::mjcry:.
He’s not really slim shady anymore. That’s the younger him. He channels slim back for moments but he’s changed too much. It’s like Kanye today vs who Kanye was on College Dropout. That’s just not who he is anymore.

Also Em has been a pop artist since he got his major label deal. You confuse me when you act like he just became one.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only people I've heard speak on Eminem's new music/rhymes is Charlamagne, Joe Buddens and this forum...considering this forum bases all of its opinions usually on what Joe Buddens or Charlamagne tell them to think (:lolbron:, why?), I don't know what to believe, :ohhh:

:yeshrug:, I'll wait to see what other credible rappers have to say/tweet about this album before I decide whether to listen to it or not.

swerve

All Star
Daps
People are hyping up Encore and shyt on this
This means in 5-10 years people will call this a classic :wow:

And its a fact that all haters in this thread didnt listen to it but instead just went online to ventilate your miserable lifes :mjlol:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Only people I've heard speak on Eminem's new music/rhymes is Charlamagne, Joe Buddens and this forum...considering this forum bases all of its opinions usually on what Joe Buddens or Charlamagne tell them to think (:lolbron:, why?), I don't know what to believe, :ohhh:

:yeshrug:, I'll wait to see what other credible rappers have to say/tweet about this album before I decide whether to listen to it or not.
It's not his worst album, this one is actually listenable as opposed to his previous two solo efforts but there is way too much filler.

It's not a bad album by far, but a departure from what you'd expect as a signature Eminem offering in the past.

IMO it sounds like an amalgamation of everything post-Encore.:francis::patrice: So some good, some bad but overall satisfactory.

After listening to the album there are two stand out jawnts:

• Arose:banderas::whew::mjcry:
  • Framed :lawd::wtf:

Dope album 5.5/10 but if I could trim it down to a wavy 10 jawnts then it could of been an skrong 7.5-8/10.

Honestly Em never lost a step vocally and lyrically, however just like Nas he can't pick a good selection of production to save his life.

Em just need the Bass Brother back with Dr. Dre executive producing sprinkled with a little Alchemist and Havoc in the cut.:mjcry:

One positive that I can give Eminem is that the album was full of pure substance, the lyrics were amazing but the severe drawback is the Pop Rock influenced segments.

WTF was Rick Rubin thinking?:ohhh::picard::mjcry: He ruined a potentially good album.:francis:

:hubie::sadbron: I so much wanted this to be better:sadcam:.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
You have a cac anime avatar why should we take your opinion seriously :rudy:

And before you hate on mine, that bytch is from a$aps purple swag video :banderas:
Its not a cac its a Japanese character.

And Ik who that is. Classic mix tape classic asap classic bytch.

I'm just copying to what was available. I don't listen to 2017 rap.

I'm tryna say it seems like their only history is 2017 rap

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
People are hyping up Encore and shyt on this
This means in 5-10 years people will call this a classic :wow:

And its a fact that all haters in this thread didnt listen to it but instead just went online to ventilate your miserable lifes :mjlol:
Saying Encore is better than this isnt hyping up Encore....at all.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
guys....it's this simple.

Em is and has always been a gimmicky/corny white rapper. When he first came out, we were all young and impressionable and he was new, so his gimmicks were actually intriguing and interesting to us, and he was dope on the mic from a technical aspect

Now that we are all grown and got kids of our own.....His gimmicks and the music that comes with it is just corny and unappealing to a adult living real life with real life responsibilities, and many fans are waiting and hoping to get that nostalgia feeling of that late 90s/early 00s from him, but it aint gonna ever happen. He don't have the talent nor the versatility to appeal to an older audience.

Even his most diehard fans who make excuses for him really know he's washed, they're just holding out hope.

most overrated rapper in history of hiphop
That “young” shyt isn’t an excuse. I was young when he first came out too and I didn’t fall for the eminem hype. I could see it as white supremacy from the door. Plus he never made music that related to me. Any black person who was ever an Eminem fan is suspect to me.