Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
I'd like to know what's the difference between this album and Lupe Fiasco's Lasers album. Just curious...

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man how the hell can you have Just Blaze, Fred Wreck, Scram Jones, Dj Khalil and Mr Porter producing tracks and still make some trash?! His ear for production is terrible and his flow is so washed it ain't funny.

I used to be a big fan but the last 10 years have been :snoop:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This :russ::russ: As a big Em fan from way back, I thought he could only get better after Eminem Show, but BOY was I wrong. It's been a rapid descent for him. Encore was very trash, and I spent like 3 years trying to convince myself he still had it. He showed up somewhat on The Re-Up compilation, but he was masked by 50, Banks, D12, and Stat Quo, and some pretty nice beats. He showed up somewhat on Hell The Sequel as well, but we all know Royce was the star of that album. Relapse is when I knew 100% he as finished. Recovery, MMLP2, and Revival are just the dirt covering the casket.

:comeon:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
After listening to the album there are two stand out jawnts:

• Arose:banderas::whew::mjcry:
  • Framed :lawd::wtf:

Dope album 5.5/10 but if I could trim it down to a wavy 10 jawnts then it could of been an skrong 7.5-8/10.

Honestly Em never lost a step vocally and lyrically, however just like Nas he can't pick a good selection of production to save his life.

Em just need the Bass Brother back with Dr. Dre executive producing sprinkled with a little Alchemist and Havoc in the cut.:mjcry:

One positive that I can give Eminem is that the album was full of pure substance, the lyrics were amazing but the severe drawback is the Pop Rock influenced segments.

WTF was Rick Rubin thinking?:ohhh::picard::mjcry: He ruined a potentially good album.:francis:
Triedlistening to those 2 somgs just cuz your post... couldn't make it to the 1min mark on either :snoop:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Triedlistening to those 2 somgs just cuz your post... couldn't make it to the 1min mark on either :snoop:
You have to keep playing it. :yeshrug:

The album is made for the casuals and the radio. It's not for his core stans. :scust:

But, to be fair he's 45:ld:, so let him try new shyt.

I'm sure he'll release something like his Slim Shady era soon:to::blessed::mjcry:.