Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
guys....it's this simple.

Em is and has always been a gimmicky/corny white rapper. When he first came out, we were all young and impressionable and he was new, so his gimmicks were actually intriguing and interesting to us, and he was dope on the mic from a technical aspect

Now that we are all grown and got kids of our own.....His gimmicks and the music that comes with it is just corny and unappealing to a adult living real life with real life responsibilities, and many fans are waiting and hoping to get that nostalgia feeling of that late 90s/early 00s from him, but it aint gonna ever happen. He don't have the talent nor the versatility to appeal to an older audience.

Even his most diehard fans who make excuses for him really know he's washed, they're just holding out hope.

most overrated rapper in history of hiphop
I'm sorry but the crazy shyt Eminem talks about is just as unrelatable to me as a rapper talking about selling drugs. In the same way I've never sold crack I've also never strangled a woman after raping them so I can't relate to either on that level.

I can't relate to being in prison but I can listen to Nas' Last Words and think it's a dope track just like I can listen to Eminem's Stay Wide Awake and think it's dope.

To me the present day Eminem is the same artist he was on Relapse, Recovery, MMLP2 and now this.He's a watered down version of the controversial artist he was at one point. He's a commercial pop artist which he always was. He makes mediocre albums with 5 or so dope tracks on a 18-20 song album which he always did after MMLP.

When I see people act surprised that this album is mediocre too I'm like where have yall been he really hasn't put out a good complete album since MMLP so this is normal. People act like TES is good there's 6 out of 20 tracks on it I like. Even if you drop the skits that's 6 out of 15 tracks. So yeah he's been mediocre that long.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm sorry but the crazy shyt Eminem talks about is just as unrelatable to me as a rapper talking about selling drugs. In the same way I've never sold crack I've also never strangled a woman after raping them so I can't relate to either on that level.

I can't relate to being in prison but I can listen to Nas' Last Words and think it's a dope track just like I can listen to Eminem's Stay Wide Awake and think it's dope.

To me the present day Eminem is the same artist he was on Relapse, Recovery, MMLP2 and now this.He's a watered down version of the controversial artist he was at one point. He's a commercial pop artist which he always was. He makes mediocre albums with 5 or so dope tracks on a 18-20 song album which he always did after MMLP.

When I see people act surprised that this album is mediocre too I'm like where have yall been he really hasn't put out a good complete album since MMLP so this is normal. People act like TES is good there's 6 out of 20 tracks on it I like. Even if you drop the skits that's 6 out of 15 tracks. So yeah he's been mediocre that long.

TES is good. Wasn't too over the top, and he seemed focused. Wasn't trying to be overly technical like he is today, but it was still lyrically dope.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
TES is good. Wasn't too over the top, and he seemed focused. Wasn't trying to be overly technical like he is today, but it was still lyrically dope.
Business
Til I Collapse
Cleanin' Out My Closet
Square Dance
Sing For The Moment
Say What You Say

I don't listen to any other songs on the album anymore outside those.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pound for pound, TES is his best and most refined album. He was at his lyrical peak and killed every verse. It had healthy mixture of the Dre sound and his dreary rock sound, and it had some shock value but mostly personal content. It painted a clear picture of who Em was an artist

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Sing for the moment is one of his career highlights, great way to sample a known rock song

But how do you go from that to I LOVE ROCK N ROLL... Like what were they thinking ?!?

Oh yeah rick rubin the genius...
From my sources it was a combined joint effort from Rick Rubin:scust: and Mr. Porter:scust:.:picard:

I'm gutted too.:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
His content was always shallow. He'll either talk about some crazy psycho nonsense, talk about his family, or have some struggle conscious songs.

Don't forget his vast catalog of songs dissing pop stars and starting beefs with TMZ celebrities that are usually half his age :francis:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Pound for pound, TES is his best and most refined album. He was at his lyrical peak and killed every verse. It had healthy mixture of the Dre sound and his dreary rock sound, and it had some shock value but mostly personal content. It painted a clear picture of who Em was an artist
100% this. I re-listened to it yesterday and it was solid.

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Lol

Like clockwork, they'll expose themselves

I'm sure there's a whole lot of "projecting" going on in here

:mjpls:

But I've yet to check the thread out nor do I give a single fucc about the cac rapper

Remember YG AND NIPSEY said FUCC DT first

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I kinda wanna add Framed to a copy of Relapse :laugh:
I know u saw my @ n1gga:ufdup: I wanted your opinion on this trash.

I was a hardcore Em stan on :hamster:, I remember u defending that song Insane off relapse. U was like, he's so brave for this :mjlol: :hhh:

This album is like a -20/10

And I only heard snippets. :picard:

1 of u said Castle waa dope, I turned it off as soon as soon as he said Hailey. :yeshrug:

Em must owe Trick Trick some money or somethin.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's right

Idk when nikkas suddenly started retroactively loving Relapse but that album is not good

Relapse has arguably the best technical raps Em has done but nikkas ain't listening to them songs bruh be honest

Do you remember the shyt on that album???

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
He's right

Idk when nikkas suddenly started retroactively loving Relapse but that album is not good

Relapse has arguably the best technical raps Em has done but nikkas ain't listening to them songs bruh be honest

Do you remember the shyt on that album???

Nah Relapse is legit, he may disagree but the people who fukk with it aren't off-base at all. I can listen to that front to back damn near, let alone the copy I made with some minor changes. I remember when it dropped it was like a 4 star thread on a forum that was already pretty biased against Eminem.

MMLP might be his creative peak but Relapse EASILY has his best overall beats. And like you said some of the best actual rapping as well so what is there to 'not' to like from someone who is actually into Eminem like that? nikkas talked shyt about 'accents' then turned around and dikk rode Kendrick and Danny Brown for doing similar things.

And the content on the album is exactly what I wanted from Em, it's what I still want honestly. Framed is a dope record that's completely out of context, if it wasn't for the Steven Avery reference I would think it was a Relapse/Refill leftover. So no, people liking Relapse isn't a reach, it's the last time Eminem really sounded in his element and the first time Dr. Dre REALLY produced an album just for him.

With all the RX marketing I was hoping Dre would be involved with this, Em needs MUSICIANS, not beat makers to help guide his vision. He honestly has the best beat on his album...I woulda preferred him to just rap over his own tracks for however long this shyt show is.