Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I wish alchemist would just ask to produce a 10 track lp solely by him. With a lead single (if the label was so insistent on a “commercial single”) that has the subject matter of Jadakiss “why” track.

He sounded so ill over “microphone” on that Westwood freestyle years ago
Honestly I bet alchemist doesn't want any parts of the hassle. He had to know that Em is artistically past his prime, and also Em is notoriously difficult to work with on the studio.

I bet Al wants to steer clear as of now.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there really not a deluxe disc for this? You know? the usual disc of bonus tracks that are usually better then most of the album? They always come across as the songs that Interscope let Em put on the album as a compromise as long as they don't appear on the main album lol.

Hated the album at first but imma make it easy for you

Believe
Chloraseptic
River
Unstoppable second part
Tragic endings
Framed
Remind me intro
Heat
Offended
In your head
Castle
Arose

Only listen to those tracks and its actually kinda good. Maybe not tragic endings but it didnt bother me

You put a 20 second Interlude In your list, you're really struggling huh? Lol

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was not aware that Joe Budden said all this about the album. Even the other 2 hosts were floored.

:lupe:

He must be fine with not getting anything released through the label ever again

It wasn't anyway lol, if Slaughterhouse ever wanna release an album again, a good un-tampered with one at that, the best thing they can hope for is to get dropped and take their music they recorded to another indie label, even with that there are two obstacles, if Joe ever wants to do it which he probably doesn't and if he does will Shady let them keep the music recorded..probably not.

But yeah you're right, it definitely isn't getting a release now lol, if Stat Quo can get his whole career thrown in the bushes just because he said a joke to Em privately and he took it the wrong way how do you think shytting on his new album on a popular platform is gonna go down lol

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Was on Twitter looking for reviews for this Album to see if its worth downloading but all I saw was positive reviews. Had to go here to see what the real deal is and thank god for you guys I don't need to download this shyt:whew:.

I haven't listened to the album yet, and I don't have high expectations but :mjlol: at coming here for "real" reviews of an album.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soooo an album with just blaze dj khalil and fredwreck comes off like this... jesus man cant blame anybody else except em these beats arent even decent why the hell would he pick this garbage ???

Mr Porter might have the closest to quality production on this

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is he had Just Blaze, Hit Boy, DJ Khalil, Fredwreck and Scram Jones on here and he literally gets the worst beats they've ever done. How?

Does he tell them to remove the swing or funk from the beats? Does he get upset if they play him records with soul and rhythm in them? Is he allergic or have some kind of phobia to making black music with dignity?

From the whole marketing of this album, to Em's new image to him removing Anderson Paak and 2Chainz, to the end result... Something smells funny here... Makes me a bit sick to my stomach to imagine what's swirling through the heads of the label execs (and even Em) when this album was being made

They know what the current climate of rap is, and they choose to go this route? :francis:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Soooo an album with just blaze dj khalil and fredwreck comes off like this... jesus man cant blame anybody else except em these beats arent even decent why the hell would he pick this garbage ???

Mr Porter might have the closest to quality production on this

Honestly the best beat was the one Eminem made on Believe tbh

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I haven't listened to the album yet, and I don't have high expectations but :mjlol: at coming here for "real" reviews of an album.

Most of the reviews on Twitter are praising Eminem as the GOAT and best rapper to ever lived. Too many Cacs saying it too :hhh:
Think I will take my chances here and most of the people here agree that this album trash. So that alone is rare to see on TheColi since normally there are mixed reviews for albums :yeshrug:.

swerve

All Star
Daps
Most of the reviews on Twitter are praising Eminem as the GOAT and best rapper to ever lived. Too many Cacs saying it too :hhh:
Think I will take my chances here and most of the people here agree that this album trash. So that alone is rare to see on TheColi since normally there are mixed reviews for albums :yeshrug:.

You really think that all the people on here listened to it? :francis:
They max skimmed through it and decided to hate on it.

People calling this the worst album ever made and shyt :mjlol:

So everybody hating on this is not any better than all the people on twitter praising it